Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

Has anyone noticed these on TM

chrisj_85 has listed two E39's on TM recently

auction 1015278929 which has finished then was relisted and removed by TM and 1026957297

I see the Blue one when listed was listed as a Schnitzer motorsport and is now a luxury motorsport.

Has two E39's and is also bidding on "coop" 530i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1026957297

I actually like this car, shame the seats are comfort not sport, but the beige leather really goes well with the blue.

The comfort seats are really really, well, comfortable.

Great for long trips vs the sport seats in the standard M spec e39's.

i know, but im a sucker for bigger bolsters and thigh support.

Yep he might like E39's but I just thought it odd that both had exactly the same work done on them, including rebuilt transmissions.

I notice trademe removed the listing for the Green after he relisted it.

Seems kinda suss to me, but I'm a suspicious guy in general :P. Maybe has one set of receipts he's trying to show buyers of both cars?

its no big deal, just ask for receipts for the work and make sure it matches the car.

I thought the same as you twiggles94.

Now I see the photos have gone and the descriptions changed 1026957297 and he's dropped the start price to $4200

Wonder if it's a scam, I see he pushed the bidding up on coop's e39 as well, got $6.00 from the high bid and then let the auction finish.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW

Wasn't it originally listed as a 530i Msport?

Seems a bit dodgy to me.

ok i see now, the one he lists as a 540i was a blue 525i motorsport with a beige leather interior. He's obviously trying to skirt having to pay for two listing once the blue one sold, to sell another car. I see what you mean about the listing for the green one too, it is the same wording as the blue one had. I dont know what he is playing at.

he also makes an interesting comment about coops 530i, sounds like either he viewed the car and it had more issues than listed or he is spinning sh*t.

Yes I think he's full of sh*t. That member muzza won my auction and is flying into Wellington next weekend with his missus to pick it up so I'm not sure what he is on about re changing his mind, or TC issues as there is none. Unless something has gone wrong with it while it has been sitting since new years I will be driving it during the week to confirm but again I'd say he talking sh*t. Only one person came to look at it and he was local but he may have been acting on behalf. My E39 was described as it is as I don't want any dramas come time to hand the keys over, the whole point of a $1 reserve action. Maybe he is a bit butt hurt since realizing E39s including his immaculate one of a kind 540i are worth pretty much scrap value these day (m5 excempt).

• Like 2

The one that is still listed was the Blue one which is supposedly a 540i, only now he's deleted most of the original description and removed one of "jonbird's" questions.

Chris would be able to verify if he came up from Timaru and testdrove his 530i

Seems dodgy but i cant even report it because i dont even know what is dodgy, its all farked!

• Like 1

Yes I think he's full of sh*t. That member muzza won my auction and is flying into Wellington next weekend with his missus to pick it up so I'm not sure what he is on about re changing his mind, or TC issues as there is none. Unless something has gone wrong with it while it has been sitting since new years I will be driving it during the week to confirm but again I'd say he talking sh*t. Only one person came to look at it and he was local but he may have been acting on behalf. My E39 was described as it is as I don't want any dramas come time to hand the keys over, the whole point of a $1 reserve action. Maybe he is a bit butt hurt since realizing E39s including his immaculate one of a kind 540i are worth pretty much scrap value these day (m5 excempt).

I did wonder, your listing seems pretty honest and up front to me. Just sounds like a wanker. No surprises, it is Timaru after all.

I see he's now put some photo's back up but none showing the registration number.

TM question. lets see if I get a reply. I wont hold my breath.

It would seem this car magically grew 2 more cylinders. Aren't these pics of the 528i you had for sale a not long ago? only then you had pics of the 6 cylinder engine as well. When will you post up pics of this 540i you have for sale?

• Like 1

I see he dropped the price when it was a 540i ($4200) and has now raised the price since it lost 2 cylinders back to a 528i ($5740) ........wow a magic BMW.

Does he own it or is he trying to sell someone elses car?

Interesting. The auctions on my watchlist so it hasn't finished but all the questions and answers have vanished.

Yes I see all the questions and answers have disappeared.

I know the first two questions I asked, when he described it as a "Schnitzer Motorsport" also vanished, and the answer with his phone number also vanished the day after he posted it.

Well I see he relisted the blue 528i and changed the description to almost exactly the same as the green 520i. I tried asking a question but he's blacklisted me.

I see he also won an action for a 728i and didn't follow through, coop was probably lucky he didn't win the auction for his 530i.