Sign in to follow this  
NZ BMW

Visit to BMW Munich

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to see my snaps from a quick visit the BMW museum/BMW Welt in Munich. I happened to be near there for work so took the opportunity to go along. It's worth the visit and if you're more organised than I am you can go through the manufacturing facility on a tour. Certainly recommend it for any committed BMW Fan, I wish I took more photos.

3AA12CD4-A4D8-4011-B5CE-880F2B07234D_zps

The visitor centre is split into two areas, the museum (which was actually smaller than I expected) and the BMW Welt, which is a sort of flagship showroom where you can browse, buy and pickup your new BMW, Mini or Roller. The museum is about $15NZ to get into, the Welt is free.

3A5B5399-4EC6-4C4E-886F-413CAB10CE0A_zps

Here's a couple of highlights below and the rest of the photos are here: http://s64.photobucket.com/user/natsoi/Mobile%20Uploads/BMW%20Germany/story

165810B5-E7BD-4563-BE5D-32885D17DAEF_zps

EE5B79CF-159E-483D-AE52-8934DD477140_zps

There were also new 7 Series on display at the airports, this one looks like the air suspension had collapsed...

D4FDF802-3B72-4516-82CF-E45DD224AFC7_zps

Another highlight of Germany is that when I Uber'd to the airport there was only an Uber Black available. Turned out to be a LWB 7 Series (The previous generation), black with cream interior which proceeded to drive at 180km/h to the airport along the motorway. Was quite a nice experience and an upgrade from our standard Uber back here.

• Like 5

Loved my time there 3 or so years ago. Got to meet my hero the original p60b40 powered VDO e46 GTR.

Its a cool place, and a must see. We were lucky to book the factory tour. The factory tour is quite eye opening. You think that its a well oiled machine being BMW but there plenty of production line blunder going on when we were walking through.

Yeh, I went there too. Really enjoyed playing with the moving cutaway bi-turbo engines. I couldn't believe how clean the factory was.

Yeah i managed to get there about 2.5 years ago, didn't get a tour though unfortunately as i had dragged my sister along with me, a great accomplishment in itself haha!

I gotthere the day the bank shut my bank accounts down as I was spending money over seas. Yes I had told the bank. But I got a good look in the welt and a great pretzel.

I did not get a chance to do the meseum . I sorted my accounts and had to get down to Italy where it was warm. 19 days at beer fest in a tent made me a very sick boy.

It's a great museum and the factory tour was grouse also.

If anybody does go to Munchen you also must visit the Deutsches Museum, one of the best in the world. You might need 2 days for that alone (I did). It was actually there that I got to operate a BMW car assembly robot to install a front seat in an E39!

• Like 1

+1 on that too.

That place is mind blowing, definitely one of the most impressive museums in Germany for the technophile.

The Munich plant is really fascinating. You feel it in your feet when the press machines are stamping the body parts. Next time I go i want to visit the Dingolfing plant.