Sign in to follow this  
gjm

1985 (PFL) E30 318i 5-speed coupe

Some will have seen the project pages: http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/54047-1985-e30-318i-5-speed-coupe/ Rather than repost the pics, please take a look at page 2 of this thread.

Miss M, longer term, wants an automatic (at the moment) and while I'm insisting she learns to drive in a manual, this does mean there is little point taking this coupe in the direction I had planned. I'd thought of using it for something for me, but we may well be (finally) buying a house, so less to move is good, as is any money that can be put towards the house.

I could put this back together but it's pretty much ready for someone to sort properly, so I thought I'd see if there's any interest.

The link above takes you to pictures and many details.

The manual is a conversion - it was originally an auto. Sorry - I don't know specifically which gearbox it is.

The interior that came with it was mismatched. I've accumulated more interior along the way and should be able to supply something that doesn't feature burns and rips.

Dash is cracked. unusual to find one which isn't... I thought of getting a good one, but at $400+++ it wasn't worth it. (I saw one recently sell for over $600. :blink: )

Rego is on hold, WoF expired, probably years ago. I've not been driving it around but it did start, run, idle smoothly once warm, and didn't make any silly noises.

I can sell on the Momo rims (16x7 et38) pictured, or on 14" weaves. I think the Momos came from a MX-5 (Miata) and use spacers.

It's complete less side trims, front and rear bumpers, and rear quarter lights (although I may be able to help with those).

If anyone is really keen, I also have a 1985 E30 318i rolling shell. Both are Japanese imports from July '85, only one is white and one is black. The black one doesn't have a sunroof. and rego has lapsed. I'd planned to keep the black one and do something exciting with it, but house plans mean that may not be as practical as when I first thought of it.

The black shell has a hole in the firewall where rust has been removed, and usual 'nibbling' around the tail lights. Nothing significant, and the tail light area could easily be sorted using fibreglass. Any rust on the body has been sand blasted to bare metal and primed to protect it.

I might even be persuaded to include the strut brace and a rear disc set up.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

I do have someone interested in the white car, and so long as he's quick, he'll get first dibs.

Price? I paid $1k, and I'm offering more than I got. :) That'd be for the white car with as much as I can provide to get it sorted. The black one will be extra.

There was a time when the merest sniff of the possibility of a E30 coupe with a manual box would have seen hoards crowding round...

I must've missed that boat!

Shame its so far away, I'm in Christchurch. I figure any E30 manual, particularly a coupe with a rego that is still live should fetch a grand easy. Looks like a fun project to me, GLWS.

• Like 1

Shame its so far away, I'm in Christchurch. I figure any E30 manual, particularly a coupe with a rego that is still live should fetch a grand easy. Looks like a fun project to me, GLWS.

Thanks Christian. :)

If I had a garage, I'd be in like Flynn.

• Like 1

I do have a couple of folk who have expressed interest, but neither have committed to buy, and neither have logged in to the forum for several days. (Sorry guys.)

There's a pressing need to clear some space sooner rather than later. As such, I'm really keen to move both cars as a single deal if at all possible, or get together with a local friend and have a joint project to get two cars back on the road.

White car, almost complete (less bumpers and side trims), rego on hold, no WoF.

Black rolling shell, rego lapsed. No sunroof. Perfect track car but was registered in NZ and would make an excellent road car.

Loads of parts, including a good matching set of coupe seats.

May split if interest is sufficient to see everything go, but have no inclination to sell one wheel at a time!

As I said, I paid $1k for the white car, and there's about another $1k tied up in the black rolling shell and all the other parts I've acquired.

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Te Kauwhata.

• Like 1

Check your inbox man

*EDIT* Going down to Hamilton this Sunday, if its still for sale would be keen on having a look.

Edited by Rohil
  • Like 1