Sign in to follow this  
qube

Would you rather: AGE vs KMS

Actually for sale or teasing??

It's all for sale, at the right price!

All this hand wringing over 40,000km is nuts, I do slightly over that in a year. Seriously Kyu- they are all relatively young cars, just buy the prettiest one, you are overthinking this.

On the topic of mileage, there is a 2004 X5 on TradeMe with over 500K km on the clock that the vendor is having some trouble selling, too much of a good thing perhaps

sh*t Kyu, this means you're going to have to sell me your e46 330i!

^ already have an interested buyer hence looking for a new car :)

Actually for sale or teasing??

It's all for sale, at the right price!

Errmm... Maybe. I mentioned before that Mrs M was having some trouble getting in and out - arthritic hips and any car that has a vaguely low seat will cause problems. I can't always be there to help her!

And... The move that we may be making would mean a 4x4 of some sort, even if an Audi Allroad, would be a good idea.

Add to that the prices I have seen other E46 wagons being offered at and selling could be a tempting proposition. The only thing wrong with ours is stone chips.

The 500k X5 looks interesting, but the seller is asking too much money. A 3.0d might stretch to that, but even they can be had with less mileage and for less money.

We'd like an economic 'proper' 4x4, and the new LR Disco Sport is a very tempting proposition. 57mpg is under 5 litres per 100km, something I find astonishing. I spoke to a friend who sells JLR in the UK, and they did an economy run on a closed circuit... He's not allowed to reveal the figures, but told me that if I guessed 'more than 70mpg' I might be in the ballpark.

Just need $90k or so to make that happen. :(

• Like 1

I will agree with some of the earlier posts, if there isnt much in it, comparing 80kms to 50kms, I would go for the newer car with higher kms (but choose condition over everything else). I went for higher mileage tidy car (105kms with facelift) over older car with less kms. You soon rack up the Kms in the car anyway. I have often seen people with a nice tidy vehicle and think, wow that looks like a nice car, and then you are surprised when you see it has done 180kms.

• Like 1