Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

INPA. Did you buy it?

Or did you download it?

With one of my E38's not running right I'm thinking it's about time I got myself INPA or something similar.

So are you using INPA or something else and where did you get it? Bought and payed for or found online?

• Like 1

I bought a cable for the OBDII port and INPA came with it. Was pretty cheap - about $50 for cable I think.

• Like 1

IIRC obtaining INPA as anything but a BMW service centre is against EULA, this illegal? Certainly shouldnt be paying for it.

• Like 1

EDIABAS (INPA included) is factory only suit of tools used for module programming and testing.

There are lots of clones and copied software floating around. All of which have gone through the butthole of the internet and back out the other side. Many configuration files that come with these have been butchered and setup incorrectly.

• Like 1

Downloaded it. I can provide the INPA files if required because that's simple, I'm more hesitant to offer DIS because of exactly what Josh says above.

• Like 1

So for a total novice with these programs which would be the best to start with. All I really want to do is read the codes to diagnose issues with the car?

INPA is best to start with, it's much easier to set up and use and may do everything you need. It can read and clear codes and take a data stream from the modules telling you what various components are doing. It can also perform some tests.

You need to get INPA up and running before you tackle DIS anyway so it's not only best, but also a requirement to start there.

Cheers. I'll have a look around and see if I can find a OBD cable locally.

Driving the V8 as a daily is good but I'm starting to miss having the V12 as an option. lol

Edited by kulgan