Sign in to follow this  
Khabel

How rare are manual E92 335i?

At the risk of alienating many people I would like to say something about people and manual cars. First though, I acknowledge that there are some people that genuinely want a manual car. However, many others just want a manual gearbox because 'everyone says manual is best'.

The whole anti-auto thing started in the UK in the 70's when automatics were unreliable and expensive to repair. That caught on here in NZ too for a while until we saw sense. The poms never did however, and to this day nobody wants an automatic gearbox in the UK in case it costs them money.

Why would someone want a manual car, especially a 335i? It makes no sense at all as you can't hold a coffee or eat a pie while changing gear.

i prefer manual because i have a penis.

• Like 8

I dont think he cares for the opinions on who likes manual and who likes auto. Does anyone know how rare the manual E92 335i is?

Edited by SIR E30

It appears that Manual variants of the E92 335i are hard to find in NZ, but they're out there. One sold last month, 6spd manual, NZ NEW, 60xxxkm, black. There were two others for sale last year, and a member did have a nice blue sedan version. Just be patient i guess. It won't be as easy to secure one as you would might find it easier to get a manual E90/92 M3.

i prefer manual because i have a penis.

That would be great for practice shifting but only if you are left-handed...

I have seen production data before if you search you should be able to find it. E91 335i manual thats the rare one. The unicorn.

There are no NZ new manual 335is. That's what the staff at Auckland City BMW told me. Only Jap and UK imports, nothing wrong with them but just something to know.

I have seen a couple on Trademe in the past. You'll have to be patient if you're set on one.

Do give the auto or DCT models a chance though. Even the auto is a very high end unit, 100ms shift times and torque converter is only used for pulling off from a standstill, so it will beat any manual unless The Flash himself is driving it.

Edited by Matth5

There are no NZ new manual 335is. That's what the staff at Auckland City BMW told me. Only Jap and UK imports, nothing wrong with them but just something to know.

I have seen a couple on Trademe in the past. You'll have to be patient if you're set on one.

Do give the auto or DCT models a chance though. Even the auto is a very high end unit, 100ms shift times and torque converter is only used for pulling off from a standstill, so it will beat any manual unless The Flash himself is driving it.

What a load of dribble. Do you think that some 10 year old sales boy would know $hit from clay?

In fact a guy that works next door to me owns a E92 335.

Also 3 weeks ago I spotted a E91 335 manual and I live in little old Napier. Gotta be more out there.

What a load of dribble. Do you think that some 10 year old sales boy would know $hit from clay?

In fact a guy that works next door to me owns a E92 335.

Also 3 weeks ago I spotted a E91 335 manual and I live in little old Napier. Gotta be more out there.

Err you didn't read my post properly. There are manuals, but they weren't brought in by BMW NZ. I bet if you look up the plate from that guy next door using Carjam, you'll see it's imported, probably from the UK or Japan.

Edited by Matth5

I didn't say there are none in the country, in fact I even said I've seen some on Trademe.... BMW NZ didn't bring any in, but some Jap and UK imports are manual...

The one next door to work is NZ new and 1 owner. I'll grab a pic of it tomorrow.

BMW Dealers and BMW NZ will give you different figures.

The one next door to work is NZ new and 1 owner. I'll grab a pic of it tomorrow.

BMW Dealers and BMW NZ will give you different figures.

You read my post before I reworded it, not that it makes a difference.

That's interesting if true. Did you confirm via Carjam?

Maybe they said it hoping I'd either buy the 1 auto they had in stock or bugger off. Wouldn't surprise me, didn't feel too welcome there.

I have only ever seen one myself in person. Seen a few on trade me over the last few years.

You read my post before I reworded it, not that it makes a difference.

That's interesting if true. Did you confirm via Carjam?

Maybe they said it hoping I'd either buy the 1 auto they had in stock or bugger off. Wouldn't surprise me, didn't feel too welcome there.

Feel free to season your hat:

https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=dyg861

Total of 161 335i coupe brought in through official channels.

5 of which were manual.

28 of the later ones were DCT

:mellow:

Haha nice, ok they clearly BS'd me :)

Ha. And from a dealer... that hardly EVER happens......

When's the next meetup at Mangatainoka??? ;)

• Like 1