Sign in to follow this  
david522

1994 E38 740i

Thought I'd post here before going to trademe. Looking for $6500. Full photos here - https://www.flickr.com/x/t/0090009/photos/143373174@N04/

First year of the classic shape E38. Equipped with an aluminum, chain driven 4.0L V8 producing 210kw and 400nm of torque.

156,100km

WoF and Rego till August 2016.

fd302fso.uq4.jpg

wto1w0wk.4sb.jpg
Presented in Ascotgruen Metallic, this car was equipped with the following from the factory.

Auto dimming cabin lights
Adaptive transmission (sports mode)
PDC (parking sensors front + rear)
ASC stability/traction control
ABS
Cruise control
Comfort seats - 14 way adjustable + memory
Rear electric sunblind
Electric sunroof
Electric mirrors
Alarm system
Dual automatic climate control
Driver + passenger airbag
Double glazed windows

Some subtle upgrades have been done to modernise the car including: LED taillights, angel eye headlights and twin mufflers which gives the car a subtle V8 growl it should of had from the factory. Also equipped with a Blauphunkt 6CD stacker + headunit. The car is sitting on 19 inch BBS rims, lowered in the front (original springs available) with Falken FK452 tires all round. The pre facelift models of the E38 had the M60 engine which wasn't prone to timing chain snaps like the M62. It also the more robust 5HP30 transmission (can handle more torque than it's successor the 5HP24).

Recent maintenance includes a service at Pit Stop (153,000 kms) including a new battery with a 3 year warranty. An extensive service was carried out at Euro Car Services at 144k including full fluid change (coolant, transmission, engine, brake), air con regassed, rocker cover gaskets replaced and some new suspension arms. Front shocks are Monroe units which have been replaced recently. Have also got the intake manifold gasket, idle control valve and fuel pressure regulator replaced by BM Workshop at 155k. The bonnet and front guards have also had a respray only 2 months ago.

Being 22 years old, the car does have some quirks such as the rear sunblind making clacking noises as it retracts and drivers side glovebox doesn't like to close. Cosmetically there are some small defects as well (small scratches, cracks in plastics etc). Headlining and the instrument cluster display are in excellent condition which are common faults with this model. The car looks absolutely stunning in person and gets looks from young and old, the cabin atmosphere and the way it drives especially on the highway is quite special.

Very regrettable sale but unfortunately I need something more practical for the daily commute and have no room to keep this as a weekend car.

Edited by david522
  • Like 4

Do you live around Onehunga/One Tree Hill?

Pretty sure I've seen this parked up / you driving it, looks very clean & original - certainly caught my eye!

I've never seen one that colour before. Stunning looking example of an E38.

I have enough already otherwise I might be tempted.

GLWS.

Do you live around Onehunga/One Tree Hill?

Pretty sure I've seen this parked up / you driving it, looks very clean & original - certainly caught my eye!

Saw this over the weekend in the area too. Definitely caught my eye as well. Good luck with the sale.

Thats a great looking car, love the color. Are they proper brembos or just caliper covers?

• Like 1

Should you decide to keep it heres a walk through on how to fix the rear sunshade.

http://www.csparks.com/bmw/SunScreen/index.xhtml

If that were mine I think I'd be renting a storage unit to park it in rather than selling it.

Thanks for the link, that job looks well above my skill grade though ha. I can live with not using it. The drivers side glovebox is quite annoying though. Have you ever replaced one of those before?

Edited by david522