Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Turbo e30

e30

For sale by a dealer - seems odd. Anyone know this car?

Seems sound enough on the face of it.

Have Glenn do a PPI. He's (maybe) 4 minutes away.

Would look better with chrome bumpers rather than that horribly warped and chopped fiberglass kit.

4 minutes ago, e30ftw said:

Would look better with chrome bumpers rather than that horribly warped and chopped fiberglass kit.

True... But the kit is on the cert plate so does that mean you couldn't legally run chrome bumpers any more?

1 minute ago, gjm said:

True... But the kit is on the cert plate so does that mean you couldn't legally run chrome bumpers any more?

Jesus, I have never seen a bodykit added on a cert plate. Pillar gauges too. Wow.

59 minutes ago, gjm said:

Yes thats correct according to my reading and chats with cert guys. If it's on the plate it has to be on the car. Even if you remove the part and go back to the factory option the car is uncerted, meaning no WOF, meaning no insurance. If you want to change any thing that is listed on the plate it need a to be rechecked and a new plate issued. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1BMF said:

Yes thats correct according to my reading and chats with cert guys. If it's on the plate it has to be on the car. Even if you remove the part and go back to the factory option the car is uncerted, meaning no WOF, meaning no insurance. If you want to change any thing that is listed on the plate it need a to be rechecked and a new plate issued. 

And I thought the German TuV was draconian. At least with that you can fit a tested and approved part to your car - the onus is on the part manufacturer to acquire approval and certification - and so long as the car is safe, you're good to go.

Here, every car with a deemed significant modification is tested individually and that car is then locked in to it's modified condition. It seems even returning to stock/standard requires further certification.

The UK is another case entirely. Too relaxed.

10 hours ago, gjm said:

Seems sound enough on the face of it.

Have Glenn do a PPI. He's (maybe) 4 minutes away.

I'd rather not thank you

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, *Glenn* said:

I'd rather not thank you

Fair enough.  :thumbs-up: