Sign in to follow this  
KPS

320i vs 323i 2007-2009

Hi guys, I am looking for an upgrade from E46, could you please suggest which one is better 320i vs 323i 2007-2009?

Avoid the 320i like the plague as it has the worst motor bmw ever made.

It will empty your wallet faster than you can blink.

• Like 1

A 320d would probably be better than a 320i! Go for the 323i

Thanks guys for your reply, appreciate. Few more doubts I have seen most of 323i 2007-08 they run flat tyres, should I go for them or ask dealer to fit standard tyres with space saver wheel? I have read some scary stories about run flat tyres, they are expensive, not smooth

Particularly I am taking about this one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/1214230704

I have Run flats on my just purchased 330i ... not yet sure if I am going to change them.  The ride seems fine so far.

Also good you are looking at 323i, 325i as they have 6 cylinder motors.

Use this site - http://www.automobile-catalog.com/model/bmw/3-series_e90_e91_e92_e93.html

And you can compare models.

Re the tyres, all E90's (excl M3) came with run flats I believe. Recently replaced the factory Bridgestone run-flats (10yo technology) with Pirelli P-Zero run flats on my brother's car and they were a massive improvement, particularly compared with harshness of the OEM Bridgestones. They were only $80 more for the set of Pirelli's (2x 225R17 + 2x 255R17); around $1680 all up including balancing and alignment which I think is very reasonable... can't comment how they wear yet.

I don't believe their is space for a spare under the boot tray so if you were to go that route you would need to store a spare in the luggage space or go with an "M-Mobility" style inflator goo kit.

Edited by jonoe30
  • Like 1

Great, thank you. I just worked out the cost of run flat tyres vs conventional tyres, 205/55/R16 Pirelli P7 run flat tyre costs around $297 each where as conventional tyres is $40 cheaper, so not a huge difference in the pricing. Good to know that M3 runs conventional tyres.

The comment I would make is that if you are looking to use the iDrive, see if you can get to a face lifted model. That is the one thing that annoys me about my car, the earlier iDrive really feels like a product of it's time. Also have a look at what kind of connectivity you'll get for your smart phone, there is a mix from simple aux through to USB on other models. 

Different people will place different levels of importance on that, just my 2c. 

Thanks guys for the reply. TradeMe post I mentioned is gone now. I will keep looking for 323i/325i, I am not concerned about iDrive, my Nexus phone has aux port which most 2007+ models support.

Drove this one yesterday, good to drive, very low on kms.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/1212178063

I just brought a msport 2007 325i for around the same price leather and all the added extras 80ks in black and I love it 

FB_IMG_1481588880170.jpg

• Like 1

Great, Looks stunning in black. I also ended up buying 325i 3000c 2010 in black color, done 96K