Sign in to follow this  
low320i

hay all

hay everyone sorry if you've already got a whos who post i couldnt see it.just throught id let everyone know who i am so im not that random guy lol. names brian im from palmerston north i currently have a 87 320i(yes im a bmw virgin lol) among other cars it has the basic mods filter,exhust,loward,17's,sounds,etcwill try and get pics soon.just woundering is there much you can do to this car to get abit more go out of it ? and just any other bits a owner should know.cheers all seems a mint site so far.

brian :beer: :drunk:

A 325i throttle body helps the engine breath a tad better, but other than that there isn't much else I'm aware of that greatly benefits a 320i... Is it auto or manual - manual conversion is always better than the sluggy auto's in these cars.

Welcome to the site.

chuck a 2.5 in it. if its not a 5 speed that will help also.

welcome to the site

Edited by 325GRANT

hay cheers for the reply all sorry yeah its a manual 5spd.na its an ex auckland car im really from danneverike ooo the shame but just say palmy az people know where that is lol the white one i think maby be tomos my friend is good mates with him theres spose to be afair bit done to it doesnt look like it tho. how hard is it to change to a 2.5 cause i might have a dereg'd 2.5 msport on the way like ecu wiring mounts do they just plug in play or is it a major? cheers for the help ill try add a pic see if it works.p.s i know its not that low lol im working on it

post-18-1142849615.jpg

Edited by low320i

meh, its a nice height, you may have seen my car round. Come say hi next time you see me in town. Danny vegas for the win.

yeah the seat is gay it came car when i got it same with the kerbs (dear i say it im looking at a cheap set of cromes for it) :unsure: (swaped it for my old mazda) the photo makes it look lower than it is im quite a fan of having my cars real low haha seems to be quite afew palmy people on hear.you might remember my old sliver/grey veilside mazda bfmr 323. so if anyone has a spare drivers seat in the area they'd like to get rid of lol.ooo running late better get ready for work yeah ill keep an eye out for everyone if i dont wave im not being a dick lol i just not sure if its someone from here.

just noticed that it has no side markers. badass. If you want to go really low, go and see tsv suspension. Theyll make it handle good as well.

Ill smoke your front indicators for $30 if you want. Text me on 0274242086

I'd be interested in the wheels if you buy those chromies :thumb:

De-rice the front seat and you'll be all gd.

Sparkle is on the ball - get your suspension sorted properly - these cars handle great and for that reason can keep up with quicker cars on the corners - go low, but make sure you don't ruin the handling when you do.

Oh, and polished alloys look better than chromes I reckon - still shiny as, but less heavy and not so ugly.

Oh, and can you break your sentences up with gaps - your posts are really hard to read man.

Cheers - glad to see another bimmer on the forums.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

One way to lower a car like that is to paint the low black parts the same colour as the car, 'cos the black makes it look higher...

Edited by Jazzbass

good to see another bimmersporter in the area. your car looks just like mine when i first got it. miss the old silver paint.

sounds like another meet should be on the way

hows your car going Cam still off the road?

started working on the carss the other week, ive got the box and motor out of the five and about to dump it so if anything you want give me a buzz

makes things a joy when youve got the right tools. power build shizzle

post-18-1142910052.jpg

Edited by bem-on

yeah im gona lower it properly lol its on kings at the mo but id like about an inch or two off the back and about an inch off the front.

theres afew spots around the car that need touching up paint wise so i was thinking of painting the black sills while i was doing it.

sparkle have you got a pic of the smoked indicator?

bravo yea im not the biggest fan of crome but if i get this ones there only costing me $400 otherwise its out with the paint stripper and autosol lol and polish mine

bem-on i know what you mean aye the right tools make a job so much easier and quicker.

how hard is it to change from 2L to 2.5L? :mosh:

car is still off the road kon, rego is on hold etc. We'll have another meet when we're all on the road next. Dont paint the sills white, it dosent look right.

Smoked indicators are darkened indicators, basically will tie in with your rubber in the bumper better because it will make your indicators close to black. But they will still work.

It's fairly easy to swap 2.0 to 2.5 providing they engines are of basically the same year.

'hay' - is what cows eat