Sign in to follow this  
Harper

Anyone had any experience with Coby Wheel?

Looking to do a full interior refresh on my M3 pretty soon, in particular having the handbrake, steering wheel, dash trim and a few other bits wrapped in alcantara. Found the company Coby Wheel (https://cobywheel.com/) that offer pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Has anyone purchased anything from these guys or done the exchange offer they have? Is there a local NZ alternative that specialize in this kind of thing that I could compare pricing with, as shipping to the US and back could pile up costs pretty quick. 

yes, I have bought off him. Worked out sweet... well when the dollar was $0.75+ at least. High quality - no complaints. He's a bit slow and short on his replies though.

• Like 1

Yes i have a couple of times, good product and service. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, APT said:

Yes i have a couple of times, good product and service. 

Did you do the exchange process? How long did it take?

This Showroom thread mentioned using them - halfway down first page:

I've wrapped a few steering wheels myself (with leather, not alcantara) from Ebay sellers (Mewant) and was genuinely surprised at the quality and fit.

Pretty impressed, looks and feels pretty much OEM+ (if you do a good job stitching) and 100 x better than 15-20 year old leather.

With an M3 however, might be worth going with the pros?

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

This Showroom thread mentioned using them - halfway down first page:

I've wrapped a few steering wheels myself (with leather, not alcantara) from Ebay sellers (Mewant) and was genuinely surprised at the quality and fit.

Pretty impressed, looks and feels pretty much OEM+ (if you do a good job stitching) and 100 x better than 15-20 year old leather.

With an M3 however, might be worth going with the pros?

Yep definitely don't trust my stitching ability haha, and being that the cost isn't crazy think sending it away is maybe a good option. That being said not quite sure how shipping works. Was told shipping there and back was my care? not too sure how to ship something back from the US so I'll have to look into it.

3 minutes ago, Harper said:

Yep definitely don't trust my stitching ability haha, and being that the cost isn't crazy think sending it away is maybe a good option. That being said not quite sure how shipping works. Was told shipping there and back was my care? not too sure how to ship something back from the US so I'll have to look into it.

Yeah, can't imagine it's cheap to send a wheel back and forward to the US.

Stitching is easy if you take your time - I actually just re-did my one as first time around I was a bit lazy, now its pretty mint. Takes a few hours including pulling the wheel off.

I went black on black on purpose however - coloured stitching would show up any imperfection.

Extra wheel thickness is great too ?

IMG_20200417_155248.jpg

IMG_20200417_155201.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Yeah, can't imagine it's cheap to send a wheel back and forward to the US.

NZ Post only quoted 75 for shipping to the US but whether shipping it back is more expensive idk. That does look very tidy though, might have to consider it. 

• Like 1