Sign in to follow this  
smithy

e30 sounds

eeeek 6x9's up front :banghead:

actually 6x9's period.

Should have invested in custom door pods for some nice 6.5" mids, some aftermarket 5"s for the standard speaker cups and some nice tweeters...

Esp. seeing as you wont get the full sound out of those 6x9's the pods look to small.

All im saying is good components and mids make a sound system :thumb:

well i do have some speckers in the standard holes in the front and the 6x9 put out gr8 sound the hole door cavity is the specker box and how do u know so much about the sound that comes out have u had the same setup?

No i just personally dont like 6x9's a few will agree with me... o

Each to their own i guess ^_^

The "experts" advised me that 6x9's are inefficient so I have also gone the way Chris describes.

I have started with 6 1/2" mids with separate tweeters and crossovers in the front driven by an amp and have still to install the sub/amp in the boot. But still sounds great without the sub as it is now.

If it sounds good, stick with it !!!

Looks like a nice job smitty well done

im not saying a word.

That sub is great value for money.

As far as the rest goes - looks like you have put some efort in - well done, but I'm with sakd - 6x9's = the devil.

Have also 6 1/2" mids with separate tweeters and crossovers in the front. Awesome sound. Worth the money.

One thing to look at maybe cable management in the rear.

That sub is great value for money.

As far as the rest goes - looks like you have put some efort in - well done, but I'm with sakd - 6x9's = the devil.

YEA THOSE SUBS ARE CHEAPE ASS $105 BRAND NEW 1000W CRANKS HARD WITH THE 1000W AMP THE OUTHER AMP RUNS THE REAR 6X9S MAD SOUND AND THEN IM PUTING ANOUTHER AMP IN SOON TO RUN THE FRONT 6X9 ALSO TWEETERS ON THE WAY . MADE THOSE FRONT 6X9 BOXES MY SALF A WE BIT OF WORK BUT WORTH IT

looks like a lot of effort..

For myself I've pulled all the sound deadening out and have a nice hole in the centre of the dash... love the sound of diff whine and road noise. Each to their own but I'd rather spend $$ on improvements of the non cosmetic type.

cheers Matt

looks like a lot of effort..

For myself I've pulled all the sound deadening out and have a nice hole in the centre of the dash... love the sound of diff whine and road noise. Each to their own but I'd rather spend $$ on improvements of the non cosmetic type.

cheers Matt

2nd'ed

Although I did pull the am/fm stereo out the other day as it kept turning off, reconnected the dodgy wires and full AM/FM power is back.

*cue tumble weed*

cue delete.

How did you put the rear 6x9s in?

nice sub ive got two in my boot. :mosh: