Sign in to follow this  
Harper

Auckland Automotive Upholstery Reccomendations?

Apologies if this has been done in a different thread already. For a while I've had the intention of doing a bit of an interior overhaul on my M3. Found out not long ago that my M3 was originally specced with the M-texture alcantara option, which has been discussed a lot on this forum recently, and some fool along the line of ownership replaced it with leather. I have always loved that interior before even owning my M3, and since finding that out have been motivated to do the overhaul and return it to a refurbished stock look. That fabric is available although not cheap, and it's possible the job would be more cost and more of a headache than its worth, but I'd like to get an idea of who is likely to take it on and see if I can get some quotes. Any ideas where to start?

Have a talk to Stuart at Stu's Trim shop in Manukau

@Harper Hell BM had an M Texture interior for sale for quite a while but put it in one of his cars in April by the look.

Could be worth hitting him up for a trade plus cash? 

I imagine it would be a much easier / cost effective approach than reupholstering if it worked out... 

@Sammo yep been in touch with Ray, he's not interested in selling it at the moment.

@Harper damn that was going to be my suggestion as well. Was your car a retrim or a trim swap? I know the only m-tex cars in NZ were from Japan, so the original interior must be somewhere! Ray's set is from the blue car that was wrecked, there's an oxford green car that got wrecked as well, so there's that set floating about too.

I'm also keen on having my E30 retrimmed in an m cloth, so keep in touch if you find someone capable of the work.

@leichtbau Not entirely sure whether mine was swapped or retrimmed, I can see either being true. Owned the car for about a year and only noticed the interior code a few months ago when I had a closer look at the factory options that were selected. My guess is it was probably a swap or a retrim done very early on as there is a reasonable amount of wear on the interior.

Edited by Harper