Sign in to follow this  
hawk188

Tiny as switch question

Greetings all - talk about hidden 'stuff'  in the car , anyone knows what the tiny as switch I found whist 'exploring' just above the foot paddles? Switching it on/off does bugger all LOL :) Quite cute button...haha ( See photo )

oh - its on a 2008 M3 E90 btw

IMG_0426A.jpg

Could have been for a kill switch or hard wired radar detector or similar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aja540i said:

Could have been for a kill switch or hard wired radar detector or similar.

Sounds about right .. there's also a little square tiny switch that turns blue and red when pressed :) Must a some sort of third party type device.. idk - anyway thanks for the reply - just curious ... its not doing any harm so I'll just leave it LOL

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Remove cover, trace wires?

Thanks M3AN :) Removing the cover is as far as I know how - tried that and had a hard time putting cover back - thats how bad I am LOL... cheers for the suggestion anwyay...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, hawk188 said:

Sounds about right .. there's also a little square tiny switch that turns blue and red when pressed :) Must a some sort of third party type device.. idk - anyway thanks for the reply - just curious ... its not doing any harm so I'll just leave it LOL

I wouldn't be so easily satisfied. I'd definitely try pressing it when you're going 88 mph. ?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I wouldn't be so easily satisfied. I'd definitely try pressing it when you're going 88 mph. ?

Only do this if you want to see some serious sh*t.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Oooh might just gain extra 40hp !! Ahh that's what its for LOL !!

I had the exact same kind of black rocker switch in my 135i. In my case it was wired to a garage door remote/sender mounted above the rear view mirror. Was actually a very tidy install (apart from the fact whoever installed it ran a +ve AND GND ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE BATTERY, rather than taking a feed from elsewhere. The +ve ..maybe I can understand...by why run a GND all the way back to the battery?? 

• Like 1