Sign in to follow this  
Ludo

E30 Wanted

Hey Guys!

Long time lurker, just signed up.

Just a quick post to see if anybody has or knows off any e30s around CHCH for sale? Currently have upto 6k depending on the car. Obviously not expecting anything immaculate for this budget, but something that isn't rotten to bits either preferred ? A coupe would be amazing but sedans too. 

Lewis

Also, what's with the huge price discrepancies between Marketplace and Trademe? Do the trademe vehicles actually sell? 

I moved here from Ireland in February, so still trying to gauge prices in New Zealand. 

8 hours ago, Ludo said:

Also, what's with the huge price discrepancies between Marketplace and Trademe? Do the trademe vehicles actually sell? 

I moved here from Ireland in February, so still trying to gauge prices in New Zealand. 

I'm not an expert, but my feeling is Facebook listing (e.g in E30 owners club pages) will be more realistic. 

Mint cars still sell quick for good money on Trade Me but then I think people see a mint manual listed then assume their tired auto 318i is worth $12k as a result. 

Join E30 Owners New Zealand Car Club on FB and put the feelers out. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sammo said:

I'm not an expert, but my feeling is Facebook listing (e.g in E30 owners club pages) will be more realistic. 

Mint cars still sell quick for good money on Trade Me but then I think people see a mint manual listed then assume their tired auto 318i is worth $12k as a result. 

Join E30 Owners New Zealand Car Club on FB and put the feelers out. 

Cheers for the reply Sammo! 

Yeah I have asked on the owners pages, but thought I'd ask here incase any members have one tucked away. 

I've left a few notes on cars I've spotted around Christchurch, but no luck yet. 

• Like 1

The E30 Classifieds NZ page is pretty good too. (I may be biased!) The Facebook pages do support each other pretty well. 

Patience. There are good cars at sensible prices, but as Sammo said, also some unrealistic listings.

• Thanks 1

Seen a cheap sedan on that page yesterday in Auckland for 1500 bucks or so! Needed work but cheap all the same! 

Got a newer vehicle also, so in no rush. Just after a weekend toy I can fiddle at on my days off 

7 minutes ago, Ludo said:

Seen a cheap sedan on that page yesterday in Auckland for 1500 bucks or so! Needed work but cheap all the same! 

Got a newer vehicle also, so in no rush. Just after a weekend toy I can fiddle at on my days off 

Yup - that'd be the dark blue 320? Looks to be a good buy at the price, provided rust hasn't got hold of it.

That's the one. Got my heart set on a coupe, and somthing closer to home aswell. 

7 hours ago, Ludo said:

That's the one. Got my heart set on a coupe, and somthing closer to home aswell. 

Understood. The distance and the ferry make quite a difference to collection costs. 

17 minutes ago, gjm said:

Understood. The distance and the ferry make quite a difference to collection costs. 

If I knew it was a decent example I wouldn't mind where it is, it's just the hassle of flying to Auckland to view something that turns out to be rotten or something you know? 

Or if it was to break down on the drive to Christchurch. 

Maybe I can post on this forum to see if anybody knows of the cars and if its worth travelling too see. ??

I know of one here in chch, pfl 325 manual sedan. Supposedly immaculate but he's wanting 12kish

• Like 1

Wouldn't be white by anychance would it?

Currently way over budget though. The prices are all over the place for these lol seen a worked coupe in August go for like 10.5k and now auto sedan 318s are asking mad money lol

Edited by Ludo

No this one is red. Yeah the market is all over the show so its hard to get a gauge on whats real so to speak

• Like 2

Yeah I get you. Suppose there's two prices really, the asking price and what it eventually sells for aswell. 

Gotta be something around fellas! 

Left notes on 7 now but none wanting to sell. 

Its asking $9k but white sedan in Nelson just popped up with certed coilovers, an M50B25 purple tag etc?

• Like 1

Seen that one Sammo, looks great unfortunately out of budget though. 

• Like 1