Sign in to follow this  
DreDurk

Question about bushings.

Rego : LSH524

Hey team.

Im needing to replace all my front bushings, my right side needs it most but I may as well replace  all left and right. 

Could 1 simply quote the part numbers for each individual bushing for my model car as I am unsure about this and want to be confident when completing the purchase. And also to answer why is Lemforder bushings cheaper than the Genuine BMW? I thought Lemforder manufactured the OE bushings? BMW bushings charge $77 and Lemforder $23 (USD via FCPEURO)  any answers to this would clear up my curiosity.

I’ll keep my stock arms for the time being as I know M3 arms are a decent upgrade. But I’m focused on the maintenance first.

Help is much appreciated.

To put it simply, BMW just puts a mark up on anything with their brand on it.

The "Genuine BMW" version is the same part as the Lemforder part but with their logo added.

• Like 3

Andrew is correct, and if you go to realoem and enter the last seven digits of your vin it will give you the exact part numbers for your model.

I will only add to the above, triple check the part you want with the description and part number. I have found that if you are not familiar with different terms used for the same part to what is described in realOEM it can become daunting, confusing and frustrating. As you do not want to find that the part that turns up is not the one you need. For example, RealOEM will say rubber bushing with a part #, it will be handy to know what part that bush fits, and that part could have several names. 
From someone who has been there and done that 😁