Sign in to follow this  
displayname

Electric Cooling Fan - E46 M54

Wanting to do the electric fan mod on my E46 so am on the lookout for one please.

Saw one on TradeMe for $175, but was hoping for something a little less steep 😅 

Welly based. Cheers and thank you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, displayname said:

Wanting to do the electric fan mod on my E46 so am on the lookout for one please.

Saw one on TradeMe for $175, but was hoping for something a little less steep 😅 

Welly based. Cheers and thank you.

@zero ?

• Like 2

I dont have a spare at the moment, but you should def do the mod when you find one.

• Like 1

Mine cost $120 incl shipping (second hand) so the one from TM if you could get it for $150 which is the starting bid isn’t too far off. 

• Like 1

@zero A mate grabbed one for me from pick a part which looked like it would fit. But for some reason the module on the fan is sitting more at “4/5 o’clock” and hitting the AC compressor/pulley compared to the image attached which sits at “3”. Was confused as I did heaps of searching on forums etc. and never came across anything of the sort. Was thinking it might be from a different model/same engine scenario but still thought it was bizarre.

@adro cheers for that. Didn’t know how to gauge going prices so that’s a big help!

42E1B053-7D1B-4050-A9C6-CD63B1AD385F.jpeg

The one your mate grabbed is from a e46 that had a m43b19 engine, and wont fit unless you reposition the module with zipties.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, zero said:

The one your mate grabbed is from a e46 that had a m43b19 engine, and wont fit unless you reposition the module with zipties.

Aaaaahh that explains it thank you!!

Will probably just grab the one on TM mate.

Cheers for the info lads.

• Like 1