Sign in to follow this  
330BMR

Lenso BSX 17's/Low offset wheels on e46?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 e46 330ci Msport (on stock suspension) and I'm looking at a set of Lenso BSX 17's (5x120) listed on Facebook Marketplace. The seller says they're 17x8.5s with an offset of 10, and that they fit his e36 previously. (I think an offset of 10 seems lower than what most lenso bsx wheels were made with, the lowest I could find was 15). Just wondering whether these low positive offset (15-20) wheels would fit an e46 without rubbing or causing any issues or whether anyone has run anything similar before? I know the stock offsets for the non-m e46's are et35 at the front and et40 at the rear. 

Cheers.

You'd have to roll the guards more than likely depending how low your car is and the tyre size fitted

3 hours ago, 330BMR said:

Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 e46 330ci Msport (on stock suspension) and I'm looking at a set of Lenso BSX 17's (5x120) listed on Facebook Marketplace. The seller says they're 17x8.5s with an offset of 10, and that they fit his e36 previously. (I think an offset of 10 seems lower than what most lenso bsx wheels were made with, the lowest I could find was 15). Just wondering whether these low positive offset (15-20) wheels would fit an e46 without rubbing or causing any issues or whether anyone has run anything similar before? I know the stock offsets for the non-m e46's are et35 at the front and et40 at the rear. 

Cheers.

8.5 and ET10 is possible but very aggressive and you will need to have stretched tyres, gaurd roll and lots of camber to avoid rubbing. If you're not lowered, it will probably fit but will look pretty Mexiflush.

I'm on 18x8.5 ET30 with 235/40/18 and I'm very very close to rubbing front and rear and will rub on big dips at speed (and that's an empty car with 5kg / 8kg springs).

Unless you're all in on these wheels, I would find something in the 35 range (stock offset is actually in the high 40's range)

IMG_1969.thumb.jpeg.93e2d2a27aa3753165e5cb393eaffcff.jpeg

Compared to the common style 68 msport rim the outer rim will poke out 43.7mm more than before at the front;

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=41&width2=225&aspect2=45&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=10

And will poke out 40mm more than before at the rear.

You are gonna have to roll the guards, be really aggressive with the camber (there is almost zero camber adjustment at the front), and run some very stretched tyres.

Stretched tyres seriously compromise performance.

Thanks heaps for the help. I'll Probably keep looking and go for something much closer to the factory offset, like some used BBS rx206's or BMW Style 32s. 

wont fit without a lot of work. I would find something else for sure.

Offset around 30 is best, I previously ran 18x8.5 ET22 with stretched tyres and camber but still had some rubbing.

2 hours ago, 330BMR said:

Thanks heaps for the help. I'll Probably keep looking and go for something much closer to the factory offset, like some used BBS rx206's or BMW Style 32s. 

Style 32's look great on 330ci but still a little tight.

If you can get a non staggered set of 18x8 ET20 with 225/40/18 you should be fine.

Unless you're talking about the non-dished ones of course!