Sign in to follow this  
Family Wagon

Selling my E61 550i Motorsport Touring

I'm selling my trusty and much loved 550i M-Sport E61 Touring. I needed to get a 4wd for our lifestyle block and I sadly don't have space for my wagon.
This is an excellent sport/family wagon that does pretty much everything well. This is a great tow car with self levelling suspension and Westfalia tow bar with both 50mm and 1-7/8 removable tongues.
Serviced and maintained well under warranty for my 6 years of ownership.
Asking $9900, some price flexibility for Bimmersport members. Viewing in Warkworth or North Shore by arrangement. 

IMG_7981.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

• Like 11

That thing is beautiful! 

Reckon it'll get snapped up pretty quickly. Good luck with the sale. 

Do like an E61 Motorsport (especially in white) - prob my favourite touring design... GLWS!

On 8/11/2021 at 5:17 PM, IainR said:

That thing is beautiful! 

Reckon it'll get snapped up pretty quickly. Good luck with the sale. 

Thanks Iain, when it sells I'll probably need to change my bimmersport account name and profile pic!

5 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Do like an E61 Motorsport (especially in white) - prob my favourite touring design... GLWS!

Thanks Peter yes I agree, both the E60 and E61s look particularly good in white. Cheers!

2 hours ago, far4ngn said:

Wow looks really nice

Thanks Paul! 

How has the interest been on this? I suppose lockdown has gotten in the way of a sale.

I am actually quite interested in viewing once we have dropped alert levels, have an e70 x5 for the mrs and I think it’s about time I get myself something for the weekends.

what’s the best way to contact you once the lockdown has been eased?

12 hours ago, JayCee said:

How has the interest been on this? I suppose lockdown has gotten in the way of a sale.

I am actually quite interested in viewing once we have dropped alert levels, have an e70 x5 for the mrs and I think it’s about time I get myself something for the weekends.

what’s the best way to contact you once the lockdown has been eased?

Hi JayCee

Interest really picked up AFTER lockdown which I guess is because so many people are online. I actually got a couple of decent offers and have taken a deposit pending final payment and pickup after lockdown. I sent videos and service receipts for the out of town buyers. 

I got a 2009 X5 3.0 SD diesel because I needed 4wd but the 550i is a much nicer drive and the 4.8 V8 is a total honey. Also mechanically it’s been really good, for the E61 you just need to expect to replace the airbags and compressor at least once, and I did the cam cover gaskets which is a common thing. Otherwise it was just keeping up with fairly standard regular servicing. 

The 550i is a great family and load hauler and fantastic tourer. If you’re just after a weekend car, that opens up a heap of options, you may not need something as big as the E61. 

Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Family Wagon said:

Interest really picked up AFTER lockdown which I guess is because so many people are online. I actually got a couple of decent offers and have taken a deposit pending final payment and pickup after lockdown. I sent videos and service receipts for the out of town buyers.

Congratulations. It looked a really lovely car and someone is very lucky!

• Like 1