Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

I do dumb sh!t so you don't :D

Latest M5 update includes branding my calf muscle with a distinctive exhaust tip...... I was getting a 30 pack of carbonated beverage out of the boot, summer, shorts, jandals, got a tad close to the passenger side tips when reaching in and boom - nice semi circular brand on my leg. It was definitely a WTF the is that pain, and who is burning a barbershop down moment. I was stunned and then pissed myself laughing followed by some pain and immediately thought I have to tell someone about this :D 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Latest update: I pulled a couple of all nighters for work, after two days on the trot I was a tad foggy in the head. Arrived early to pick up my daughter from school, parked up as per usual turned off the car, adjusted my seat, fired up the laptop and started a meeting..... 30 minutes later, DING, low battery!!! FFS I had run the M5 out of electron juice. As they say in the classics :

image.png.309f8aa3af6c35e70f6338a295ee8c6c.png

Hitched a ride to get my jump pack and life was vaguely back on track, but seriously - how many bits of electronic black box wizardry does it take to inform the idiot driver that maybe they should turn the ignition off before the battery is completely dead. 

So the moral of the story is, no idea..... something about make sure you have a towel and jump pack? 

You will find that the list will get bigger and bigger the older you get. You should see my trunk... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and you probably would have found if you waited the battery would have recovered enough to start itself just, spent many frosty mornings turning over cars till just a clunk, wait 15mins and go back and theres enough to fire it if your quick and lucky

there seems to be enough chemical reaction in a newish battery to kind of float the levels perhaps, not sure of the physics of the thing but it happens. unless you left the lights on and really killed it, no way back from that

on batteries can't say how totaly impressive these are

https://www.repco.co.nz/en/globes-batteries-electrical/battery-chargers-power-accessories/car-battery-chargers/ctek-battery-charger-12v-5amp-mxs5-0/p/A1247337?kwSearch=intelligent charger

image.png.f84ab1ed26311eb1449ace4f03e2e3e6.png

wifes f40 2021 model got a software update that downloaded from her phone to the idrive but never got to a postion to autoinstall.

google said its always a battery charge thing , you needed to go on a long drive first etc etc so after spending the night on a plain 12v charger there was no difference. about to give up but everyone raves about these ctek so bought one on a good sale.

24hr later to do the full cycle and bang update went straight through.

more than impressed, going to do a few other older cars on a restoration cycle now to see what happens but obviously battery tech has moved on from the old cheap chargers of old.

Edited by kwhelan