Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

Soooo - values set to drop?

COVID, triple-C FA rules, interest rate hikes, inflation….. 

maybe we’ll see a correction in the mental (car) market in line with house price trajectories? 

I for one am hoping so!

Hopefully. As I keep saying. They were good because they were cheap. 

• Like 1

Already run out of steam, not sure anything is going to go back to pre Covid levels again though.

There’s a LOT of M cars that have been sitting for sale at unrealistic prices for a long time……. 

so who knows 🤷

• Like 1

I can't see them going back to pre covid values, the extra tax that's going to hit petrol/diesel vehicle so they can hand out the refund for buying EV's is going to reduce the number of vehicles coming in and increase the costs, so used vehicle prices will stay high.

Dealers are already scrambling trying to get cars already here registered by the due date.

It's surprising the increase in prices on some models almost 80 - 90% in some cases.

Edited by Kiwi_BMW
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 10:11 PM, Kiwi_BMW said:

I can't see them going back to pre covid values, the extra tax that's going to hit petrol/diesel vehicle so they can hand out the refund for buying EV's is going to reduce the number of vehicles coming in and increase the costs, so used vehicle prices will stay high.

Dealers are already scrambling trying to get cars already here registered by the due date.

It's surprising the increase in prices on some models almost 80 - 90% in some cases.

Two of my dealer mates have said this is the slowest period in car sales they have had in 5 years. They are back to having to actually sell vehicles rather than take orders. Including EVs.

• Like 1

I dunno what E90/92 M3 values were at 6 months ago but I just missed one at $26.5k, if another one comes along at that price that isn't a complete disaster I may well be very tempted. 

I just had to buy a new family car as my wife wrote the old one off, I seem to have done ok. I was looking for a 3.0t Audi A6, exactly what we had before and by the looks of some of the pricing the exact same car had gone up by around $2k over when I bought the last one 2 years ago. Same car, slightly higher km, 2 years older about $2k more.

Luckily I found somebody who must have wanted to get rid and sold for what I think was a good price (I think they were a bit salty about it afterwards but there you go)

Edited by Glacial Pace