Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

Snagging floor mats.

The driver's side floor mat keeps catching on the seat when it moves. This has caused the back edge of the mat to curl up making the snagging issue even worse. I have two memory positions for the seat, one for driving and the second for getting in/out. The seat moves a fair amount between the two positions so everytime it crosses the back edge of the floor mat it grabs hold. My options are get another floor mat that actually fits, super glue the current floor mat down forever more, install a fixed bucket seat or simply walk everywhere with a horn speaker strapped to my back making V10 noises. 

Any ideas on solving this, I'm not a huge fan of the Velcro style pads that hold the mat down. Pretty sure these are M5 style mats from the car yard, and about 10mm longer than required for the correct fitment. All the other mats are perfect.

Could you glue a bit of something to the bottom of the mat to stop it curling? A bit of hard plastic or thin aluminium or stainless might do it?

Or maybe sew a bit of stiff wire along the edge underneath, some stainless TIG wire or similar?

Mine does the same thing but I never move the seat so its not an issue for me.

Or maybe take the mat out and get some bright red "chrome" plastic chequer plate from Supercheap auto.......😉

I like the wire idea, thanks. I think while I'm out and about grabbing that I'll look into either the red or blue chrome chequer plate mats as a fall back option, that contrast with the black interior - BMW really missed the mark on not including something like that as a factory option :D 

• Like 1