Sign in to follow this  
Felo_28i

RPM MOTOSPORT

Hello, I’m felo :), I have a 2008 bmw 328i sulev. It’s a great car I bought it not too long ago tbh I wanted a bmw since I was young and it was the popular 3 series in my area so I got it. it had some problems with the suspension so I bought a rev9 coil overs, then, thought about a tune my friend and I got an rpm Motorsport ltd tune right after I flashed it things started to get a little funny. I first changed my intake to a stage 2 and then I had so many problems right after changing my headers to a cat-less headers (tune was set for cat-less headers)… misfires, funny idle (goes 300-700), random shuts off, sometimes she feels like a doing a big burnout sometimes not. When me and my friends were working on it we messed up one of the O2s sensor (bank 2) I honestly thought it was doing that all because of the O2 but later on the car was running rich and sometimes it’ll idle up and down by itself and since I have a straight pipe you would think I’m “playin with the gas pedal” but I’m really not it’s the car acting up. Turns out my vanos is bad (exhaust one) which I took the time to replace both the vanos and the O2 sensor and still having random shut offs, funny idle, I just today recharged my AC and it was idle a little funny (goes 800-1,000) when I had it on. (First time I had the AC on since I installed that February). I’m tired of it not really sure if I should re flush my tune or just save up and get a dyno tune. 

416F3C7A-ED92-432D-844D-1F2B17704EDB.jpeg

Hi Felo and welcome.

Since you've already paid a lot for a tune, have you spoken to the people that did it? I wonder if they can return it to stock so you can check for, and fix any other problems with the car, and then reinstall the performance tune? That's not a lot of work (for them) and since you've already paid for the tune perhaps they might just charge you labour only? I think it's worth asking them.

Do report back on your progress. 👍

Gets a "pops and bangs tune" and "straight pipe" wonders why car is sh*t. 

Replace that junk. Call it a life lesson 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On a “Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle” no less.

From the screen shot the tune is suitable for the N51, but I’m wondering if it really works well with it? Yes, most is identical to N52, but those little differences could result in issues. I doubt it has had much real world use on that set-up.

14 hours ago, thorburn said:

Gets a "pops and bangs tune" and "straight pipe" wonders why car is sh*t. 

Replace that junk. Call it a life lesson 

He may not be back but that's not really helpful advice.

Be better.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, M3AN said:

He may not be back but that's not really helpful advice.

Be better.

Channeling Joel Swoll?