Sign in to follow this  
bemmaboi

8' Roof Screen

I have currently got my hands on a 8' roof mount screen which I am about to try and put in behind my sunroof.

I havent seen this done before nor know if it has anything to screw into if you know what i mean? Has anybody tryed it?

Got any hints before I do this for my self?

Cheers

An 8 foot screen won't fit in your car and if it did, you wouldn't be able to see out the back.

If you mean an 8" (8 inch) screen then mounting it behind the sunroof won't be that easy. Remember the sunroof slides backwards.

E30's don't have much room in the back so you'll rarely be sitting in there even if there was a screen to hit your head on.

IMO. spend the money on something worthwhile, or just give it to me.

8 foot, you could set it up outside on the side, a la Fred Flintstone. :D

nah, put the bonnet on a switch. Make it flip up and place a white screen on the inside of it. Then get a projector to project the image/movie onto the screen.

would be badass.

nah, put the bonnet on a switch. Make it flip up and place a white screen on the inside of it. Then get a projector to project the image/movie onto the screen.

would be badass.

f**k thats a mean idea! i knew the bonnet opened that way for a reason cos it certainly aint designed for easy access.

only trouble would be keeping the screen clean and keeping bugs off the projector lense.

if it was me id take out the roof linning and use urathane to stick some sort of bracket in maybe mdf or ply (then put linning back in) this would give you something to screw to.

just an idea.

good luck

chuck it in the boot, like 900 of them....

I'm interested as to where dudes usually mount them eh, most i've seen are just bodged on the dash.

We've actually got one on the shelf at work, with dvd headunit etc, pretty well priced too looking at trademe ones and carries a warranty. Hit me up if you want one

It wouldn't by any chance be a 'PYLE,' branded screen that you bought? They had them at repco for $140.00 down from $560.00 i got two, guna chuck one on tard me, and probably stick the other one on the inside of the glovebox as im sunroofed... Either that or i had an idea of making a bracket from steel and riveting it to the roof so that the sunroof can still slide back, god damn sunroof! :banghead:

If I were into pimp'n my ride, I'd get another sunroof panel an mod it to mount the screen off (or make a wood/CF/fibreglass panel), effectively ditching the sunroof.

PYLE of crap - but well priced.

It so happens you get what you pay for - ie, less cost = more dead pixels, burnout, failure.

That said, at that price who cares?

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Yea they seem pretty good, hooked it up to my mates dvd headunit and it went sweet, no dead pixels, the screens were brand new still in sealed boxes withe a 12 month warranty so i wasnt to worried :D

They came with remotes and wireless headphones aswell :jap:

Edited by sakdbma

Guest Andrew

If I were into pimp'n my ride, I'd get another sunroof panel an mod it to mount the screen off (or make a wood/CF/fibreglass panel), effectively ditching the sunroof.

I'm actually keen to CF the sunroof - any ideas? (actually email me before we hijack this thread hah)

Sorry yes it was a 8'' (INCH) screen.

Installed it today behind the sunroof, and yes it can fit. I will have photos later on to show what and how this can be done if people are keen?

Haha yip I did buy a Pyle screen from repco. Repco pay over $200 for the screen itself. I also got a dvd player, a couple subs, a sony headunit, pioneer pack, pioneer headunit, and speakers. So if anyone is keen for some sounds let me know. I will hunt down the model numbers when I get a chance.

Haha the good old 50% off items already reduced by 50% yea man keen as to see how you mounted it and where you run the wires through as mine is exactly the same :P

so how did you attach the bracket to hold it up without obstructing the sunroof? Rivets?

yea i have the metal bracket that came with the screen, how did you attach that to the roof, just slot it under the rooflining and screw the screen to it? did you rivet/screm the bracket to anything or is it just sitting there?

hey ive got a pyle 8inch roof screen only ive mounted it where the passenger side sunvisor is. it fits almost perfectly and can be seen from anywhere in the car.

what u have done looks real good, ive been thinking about getting another screen cos i work at repco so they are always on sale for me! whats your rear vision like when the screen is fliped down?

hey ive got a pyle 8inch roof screen only ive mounted it where the passenger side sunvisor is. it fits almost perfectly and can be seen from anywhere in the car.

what u have done looks real good, ive been thinking about getting another screen cos i work at repco so they are always on sale for me! whats your rear vision like when the screen is fliped down?

Interesting idea, but FYI there are some screens that come built into sunvisors that look a bit more like they are supposed to be there :)

Or take out the internals of your screen and put it into your factory sunvisor.... sorry I can just imagine how odd it looks!