Sign in to follow this  
udez

Hey team

Hey guys - recently picked up an m325i which I’m sure most would be familiar with..

Post the latest auction on trademe I had gotten in touch with the seller to organise a deal and here we are!

Have come from a long line of silvia’s, ae86’s and the like so being my first E30, wanting to get an idea of the best sources for new replacement and used OEM parts, local workshops in Auckland etc etc.

Cheers - and hope to catch you all soon.

3275C02A-BD77-40E1-A5F5-8930D8AA9D1B.jpeg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, udez said:

Hey guys - recently picked up an m325i which I’m sure most would be familiar with..

Post the latest auction on trademe I had gotten in touch with the seller to organise a deal and here we are!

Have come from a long line of silvia’s, ae86’s and the like so being my first E30, wanting to get an idea of the best sources for new replacement and used OEM parts, local workshops in Auckland etc etc.

Cheers - and hope to catch you all soon.

Congrats man - she is a beauty for sure - look forward to meeting you and chatting on Saturday with Jeremy (I'm Sam).

Nice thing is almost all the mechanical components of an E30 are avaliable new, and being an M325i, your car already has most of the more desireable 'No longer Avaliable' goodies!

RealOEM is a great source for finding the correct part numbers for your specifc car (need last 7 digits of your vin).

Offshore parts (for quality new OEM at landed prices typically half of BMW NZ):

FCP Euro / Schmeidmann / Ebay for odds and ends

Local Parts

Euro Italian on the North Shore - reasonable amount of E30 stock at good prices and quick shipping

Speedfactor in Tauranga do shocks / springs / coilovers 

Aftermarket parts

Turner Motorsport / ECS Tuning / Garagistic / Condor Speed Shop / Ireland Engineering / Demontweeks

Local Workshops:

Jackstands and Youtube or Apex Automotive in Wairau if I'm getting sick of breaking things haha

Edited by Sammo

Cheers both! Appreciate that rundown as well Sam. Yeah she's in good shape tbh, plan is to give her a big 'maintenance' birthday over the next few weeks just for peace of mind and then enjoy driving it.

See you on Sat lads!

• Like 1

Id recommend Spareto.com over FCP. Whilst they dont have the genuine specific parts selection (just more common wear items ie suspension, engine parts etc) they are usually way cheaper with EUR\NZD and more reliable freight (Spareto DHL vs FCP who dont actually specify anymore)

Rockauto.com is another one that are similar to Spareto. They probably have the fastest processing times and usually the cheapest shipping via Fedex (seen as low as $25 NZD). They collect GST but this is can be offset with cheap shipping depending on the item.

If you are buying lots of parts id recommend pricing it and ordering from multiple sources as it usually ends up cheaper. There is some big variation in part prices for specially for genuine only BMW parts ie Schmeidmann vs FCP

• Like 2

A few of us have been watching that listing, it’s pretty much my cars twin 😁

Congrats and welcome to the forum, heaps of E30 nuts on this page! 

• Like 1