Sign in to follow this  
NZM

WTB: E36 m3 exhaust - ideally Supersprint

Looking for a mid section AND rear box if possible such as a Supersprint or similar. Also open to whatever else is out there so let me know! 

cheers guys,

Jase. 

I've got a standard s50b32 midsection 

Thanks but wanting to move toward aftermarket. Currently running factory exhaust 

13 hours ago, NZM said:

Thanks but wanting to move toward aftermarket. Currently running factory exhaust 

That's going to be a tough find in little old NZ... you'd be looking for NOS hidden away somewhere, something undamaged off a wreck, or somebody who has one but doesn't love it... and I'd say all those odds are vanishingly small.

To up your chances you might want to offer a swap with your stock setup... very few M3 owners will remove an after market exhaust, even if they hate it, if they have nothing to replace it with. On the other hand, if you offered yours up and covered the cost to swap them over you might find a deeper well.

8 minutes ago, M3AN said:

That's going to be a tough find in little old NZ... you'd be looking for NOS hidden away somewhere, something undamaged off a wreck, or somebody who has one but doesn't love it... and I'd say all those odds are vanishingly small.

To up your chances you might want to offer a swap with your stock setup... very few M3 owners will remove an after market exhaust, even if they hate it, if they have nothing to replace it with. On the other hand, if you offered yours up and covered the cost to swap them over you might find a deeper well.

Thanks for the heads up. I did figure it would be slim odds, but don’t ask, don’t get right! 😂. I did see a supersprint mid and rear move through here I think it was last year from memory but I was too slow on that one!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NZM said:

Thanks for the heads up. I did figure it would be slim odds, but don’t ask, don’t get right! 😂. I did see a supersprint mid and rear move through here I think it was last year from memory but I was too slow on that one!  

Just keep in mind that anything less than a specific M3 exhaust (e.g. 328 etc) will be 0.5" too small in diameter. Best to measure rather than assume if one does pop up.

Edited by M3AN

26 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Just keep in mind that anything less than a specific M3 exhaust (e.g. 328 etc) will be 0.5" too small in diameter. Best to measure rather than assume if one does pop up.

Cheers Dave 🙏🏾

1 hour ago, NZM said:

I did see a supersprint mid and rear move through here I think it was last year from memory but I was too slow on that one!  

That was a good buy that one. Brand new and asking less than some I've seen that have been well used.

24 minutes ago, Blackie said:

That was a good buy that one. Brand new and asking less than some I've seen that have been well used.

Don’t remind me of the sadness I felt 😭