Sign in to follow this  
Jul1

New to bimmersport!

Hi guys,

I’m new here, just bought a pretty original 1986 E30 325i. Really happy with it, and it reminds me of my 1986 318i (mm6046), that I owned 19 years ago, and wished I’d never sold it!

I flew to Hamilton to pick it up last weekend, and drive it home to Canterbury, mostly trouble free. It was a great time. 
Anyway, I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions coming up, and certainly a few photos too! 
Looking forward to it!

592D3979-1699-431D-88A3-FD5A83976C13.jpeg

079857FD-07D8-41E9-986D-75B330224B30.jpeg

15E649B1-CD01-4E59-A2F3-7B43967904F5.jpeg

FDCF404A-3760-479E-8174-57BB8F249020.jpeg

• Like 14

Nice colour. Looks like Platanen Green Metallic?

Beautiful car - the metallic green's are so right on a PFL.

Any plans for it aside maintenence? Looks perfect as-is IMO

Thanks! Yes, I really like the Colour too. The boot lid has be repainted, not well, but the Colour is right. Something to sort another time. 
I plan to keep it as original as possible, which should be easy, after a good groom up and a few bits of trim fixed up.  
Had a mostly good run from Hamilton (1060kms), over 2 days with my son, with the main issue being blocked fuel pick up on the in tank fuel pump. Unfortunately the tank has a rust problem, and the pump is still the original. Dropped the tank out yesterday which was a bit of a mission, so I’m guessing it will need resealed as I imagine a used rust free tank would be hard to find? I’ll replace the fuel pump with a new unit too. Engine seems strong otherwise. 

• Like 1