Sign in to follow this  
Dogballs

04 E46 330i - 6 speed manual

NZ new, 2004 330i, 6speed. 203xxxKms

VERY good condition, always garaged etc, usual cooling system work done.., 2x Keys

converted to manual. - all genuine parts, 2.93 diff etc as factory with a S54 pressure plate and flywheel.

Retrofitted from factory:

Navigation system Mk4, HiFi 10speaker audio, ULF bluetooth phone kit. aux in, USB charger.

Bi-Xenon headlights.

Tyre pressure monitoring - (abs module upgrade/switch on console/cluster coding )

Lumbar support on both front seats.

Piano black interior trim.

Reverse camera.

Coupe rear wing - (I know there will be haters, its on there already )

Plate not included.

decent pics coming soon, any questions please ask.

I know someone will say it: - it hasn't been certed for the conversion, selling with a new WOF, - If you want to buy it, and want it certed: sale price + cost of cert and I'll get it done for you.

not on Trademe yet.. thinking $14000? - constructive feedback on price welcome?

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9517.jpg

Edited by Dogballs
  • Like 7

Prices appear to range from 8k-20k for ZF manuals, most of them are coupes. To me its a good spec facelift but the interior color and 4 door reduce the value (not that i mind either). In this current market id say its more of a 10-12k car without inspecting it. If you not desperate to sell then 14k isnt a crazy price to start with.

Looks an awesome car. Color scheme might not be everyone's cuppa but suits it quite well in my eyes, definitely unique.

Is the gearbox a 420 Getrag? And was the driveshaft a straight drop in or needed to be altered? That'd be my main concern going for cert.

The box is the ZF S6-37BZ, genuine driveshaft. 

It is a very nice car. The only reason I’m selling it is that it sits in the garage most of the time, and I now have myself a coupe project.. 

1 hour ago, Dogballs said:

The box is the ZF S6-37BZ, genuine driveshaft.

Hot damn, that's awesome. I'd be very interested to know where you sourced that from. From what I've gathered, the US ZHP's were the only E46's that came with that box from factory. Is that where you got it from somehow?

I know the newer 1, 3 & 5-series came with those too but I imagine the driveshafts and shifter linkages from those wouldn't be straight fits to an E46 and would need modifying.

They arent uncommon, ive seen a number on people selling them on facebook, tm and bimmersport.  Pretty sure 6 speeds were standard on all facelift E46's. 

E46 (except M3) build dates up to 03/2003 got the 5speed, then went to the ZF 6speed. 
so some facelift sedan got Getrag 5 speeds. 
I believe all facelift coupes got 6 speed??

and a random FYI: if you convert to a 6speed you must update the DME to version  MS430066 or MS430069 to enable the cruise control to function. 

• Like 1

Yeah that's right, i forget the sedan and wagon were facelifted way earlier than the coupes and verts.

Have you done any suspension work on it?

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Yeah that's right, i forget the sedan and wagon were facelifted way earlier than the coupes and verts.

Have you done any suspension work on it?

The suspension is stock Motorsport springs and shocks, just replaced recently with  a “low mileage “ set.. 

It rides very well. 

Does the cruise control work? (asking due to it being converted).

Thanks.

21 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

Please supply the new rego, or the VIN... Thanks.

Cruise control works. Use rego BMW2i8