Sign in to follow this  
pranilb

B1 Dynamics Package Upgrade - NZ dealer for this?

Looking to upgrade my manual LCI 130i with the B1 Dynamics Package Upgrade, is the a NZ dealer for this?

Nope, talk to birds, wasnt actually too bad to get here. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks will get it touch with Birds, any tips on which brand of bushes for that OEM Plus performance?

Edited by pranilb

Update: Landed on the following setup:

1. Birds' B1 Dynamics Package Solution. (Customer Supplied)
    1. New Complete Quaife ATB Limited-Slip Differential
      New Complete QUAIFE LSD Differentials, which are new differentials ordered from BMW and converted with QUAIFE LSD.
    2. Birds B1 Anti-roll bar
    3. Birds B1 Sport Suspension

2. For rear subframe bushes I used the Turner Motorsport but order them through ECS Tuning. Make sure you pay the extra for DHL!
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-turner-motorsport-parts/solid-rear-subframe-bushing-set/tdr9080ss3/
  3. M3 front control arms (4)  (BMWorkshop Supplied)
  4. M3 rear upper control arms (4)  (BMWorkshop Supplied)
  5. Front subframe collars (this does the same thing for the front subframe as the solid rear subframe bushes, gets rid of the variable wheel alignment!)  (Customer Supplied)
    https://rzcrewgarage.com/collections/collar-kits/bmw+1-series-e82-2007-2013-tc-i6
  6. Stiffer rear toe links  (BMWorkshop Supplied)
Edited by pranilb
  • Like 1

Before pulling the trigger... wonder if the Solid Rear Subframe Bushing Set might to harsh on the road?

ES#3028144 - TDR9080SS3 - Solid Rear Subframe Bushing Set - Reduce deflection for increased rear-end stability - Turner Motorsport - BMW

An enviable sense of commitment here Pranil. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pranilb said:

Before pulling the trigger... wonder if the Solid Rear Subframe Bushing Set might to harsh on the road?

Anecdotal evidence says no

Here's some technical info (raising part may not apply depending on the design) - https://cmpautoengineering.com/en-nz/pages/cmp-solid-subframe-raising-bushes-the-pros-cons

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pranilb said:

ES#3028144 - TDR9080SS3 - Solid Rear Subframe Bushing Set - Reduce deflection for increased rear-end stability - Turner Motorsport - BMW

Plenty of E9x M3 owners use them and report no NVH increase. Its on my list, but haven't had first hand experience yet.

• Like 1

Yeah i can't wait to get mine installed in a few weeks hopefully 

• Like 1

I cant speak to the solid bushes, however the whole rear end of mine is PU and I noticed very minimal change in NVH. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. Any tips on best place in Auckland to get this setup tuned after installation?

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

M3AN - your message box full maybe Sir ?

3% free now. 😂

On 1/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, pranilb said:

Update: Landed on the following setup:

1. Birds' B1 Dynamics Package Solution. (Customer Supplied)
    1. New Complete Quaife ATB Limited-Slip Differential
      New Complete QUAIFE LSD Differentials, which are new differentials ordered from BMW and converted with QUAIFE LSD.
    2. Birds B1 Anti-roll bar
    3. Birds B1 Sport Suspension

2. For rear subframe bushes I used the Turner Motorsport but order them through ECS Tuning. Make sure you pay the extra for DHL!
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-turner-motorsport-parts/solid-rear-subframe-bushing-set/tdr9080ss3/
  3. M3 front control arms (4)  (BMWorkshop Supplied)
  4. M3 rear upper control arms (4)  (BMWorkshop Supplied)
  5. Front subframe collars (this does the same thing for the front subframe as the solid rear subframe bushes, gets rid of the variable wheel alignment!)  (Customer Supplied)
    https://rzcrewgarage.com/collections/collar-kits/bmw+1-series-e82-2007-2013-tc-i6
  6. Stiffer rear toe links  (BMWorkshop Supplied)

Parts ordered, excited about the process and outcome; should have done this 8 years ago! lol.
Any tips on wheel offsets for the standard wheels? Kinda wanna keep that OEM Plus look.

unnamed (1).jpg

Edited by pranilb
  • Like 1

The shipping and tax on that Birds suspension must be a bit.

Yea its def. a bit; but I've been sitting on this upgrade for too long.

Worth it, you'll wonder WTF BMW were doing with the stock suspension and diff afterwards :) 

Thanks Jacko, can't wait... eyeing up the laptorr and milvs now... but might just get laptorr as milvs seem to be out of stock.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:19 PM, Jacko said:

Worth it, you'll wonder WTF BMW were doing with the stock suspension and diff afterwards :) 

Hey Jacko, original plan was to get OEM M3 parts, as per below, but I wonder if there are TRW equivalents (as TRW make the parts for BMW?) to save some cash?

Front

•             Wishbone, left                                                                         31102283577              (1)

•             Wishbone, right                                                                       31102283578              (1)

•             LEFT tension strut WITH RUBBER MOUNTING                  31102283575              (1)

•             Right tension strut with rubber mounting                               31102283576              (1)

•             Regulating rod                                                                        37142283867              (1)

•             Hex nut                                                                                    07129905817              (2)

Rear

•             Guide arm, left                                                                        33322283547              (1)

•             Guide arm, right                                                                      33322283548              (1)

•             Wishbone, left                                                                         33322283545              (1)

•             Wishbone, right                                                                       33322283546              (1)

•             Rear ABS/BVA tube bracket                                                  34522283017              (2)

Thats the front end, the rears are likely TRW as well, but no idea on p/n. Not many change the rears as they are the same dimensionally as stock, just a bit lighter. 

trw.jpg

• Like 1

@pranilb

100% get the TRW ones, they're not "equivalent" they're the same thing, mine just came with the BMW logos filed off, for 30% of the cost.

Edit: Ninja'd by Chris, and I agree with his sentiments about the rear, they don't do anything for the geometry but the do deflect (bend) differently and have better bushings, I'm not sure if they're any lighter actually as they have a lot more material than the non-M ones.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Thats the front end, the rears are likely TRW as well, but no idea on p/n. Not many change the rears as they are the same dimensionally as stock, just a bit lighter. 

trw.jpg

Sweet, thats the price of one BMW arm!
Is Amazon us (not au) best place to purchase?

Spareto.com will be way cheaper id bet. Fastest and cheapest place ive found these days by a good margin.

• Like 1