Sign in to follow this  
pranilb

B1 Dynamics Package Upgrade - NZ dealer for this?

I was going to say its not worth $1300 but $900 is somewhat more palatable... I'm glad I got mine when the exchange rate was sensible.

You can use cable ties for the rear cables, and you only need one extra hex nut, you can reuse the one that's on the stock setup, that's another $4 saving!

Just now, M3AN said:

I was going to say its not worth $1300 but $900 is somewhat more palatable... I'm glad I got mine when the exchange rate was sensible.

You can use cable ties for the rear cables, and you only need one extra hex nut, you can reuse the one that's on the stock setup, that's another $4 saving!

boom... 

quick update, all red parts ordered now. 

Part Discription Customer Supplied Part # QTY
Front M3 Wishbone, left TRW - JTC1426 - Track Control Arm 31102283577 1
Front M3 Wishbone, right TRW - JTC1427 - Track Control Arm 31102283578 1
Front M3 Left tension strut with rubber mounting TRW - JTC1424 - Track Control Arm 31102283575 1
Front M3 Right tension strut with rubber mounting TRW - JTC1423 - Track Control Arm 31102283576 1
Front M3 Regulating rod   37142283867 1
Front Hex nut LEMFÖRDER ® 37471 01
Repair Kit, wheel suspension
07129905817 2
Front Subframe Collars Customer Supplied    
Front Front Labour   BMWorkshop Labour 1
Front Sub Total      

Rear M3 Guide arm, left TRW - JTC1430 - Track Control Arm 33322283547 1
Rear M3 Guide arm, right TRW - JTC1431 - Track Control Arm 33322283548 1
Rear M3 Wishbone, left TRW - JTC1428 - Track Control Arm 33322283545 1
Rear M3 Wishbone, right TRW - JTC1429 - Track Control Arm 33322283546 1
Rear M3 Rear ABS/BVA tube bracket   34522283017 2

Rear Subframe Bushes Customer Supplied    
Rear Rear Subframe Bushes + Rear Control Arm Labour   BMWorkshop Labour 1
Rear Sub Total      

Bird Bird Suspension Customer Supplied   1
Bird Bird Anti Roll Bar Customer Supplied   1
Bird Bird Quaife LSD Customer Supplied   1
Bird Bird Shipping Customer Supplied   1
Bird Bird LSD Labour   BMWorkshop Labour 1
Bird Bird Anti Roll Bar + Shocks Labour   BMWorkshop Labour 1

You'll need that regulating rod... and you'll have a spare hex nut, bank that one.

• Like 1

All goodies have arrived 🙂

IMG_2666.JPEG

IMG_2667.JPEG

IMG_2709.JPEG

IMG_2718.JPEG

3D359328-CD15-4969-B27E-1A677FC3AA6A.jpeg

899D1887-792A-49A4-A083-14A8617F8D46.jpeg

258CAFE9-9464-4EDF-A27B-F42EBA189DC4.jpeg

345A7985-C3DF-4BC0-B7E1-D9109B669A72.jpeg

Edited by pranilb
  • Like 4

Interesting theyve gone back to H&Rs, mine are eibachs. 

• Like 1

...maybe supply chain issues? any advice on braided brake line kits?

Edited by pranilb

1 hour ago, pranilb said:

...maybe supply chain issues? any advice on braided brake line kits?

I used Stoptech from Turner, looks like they're on back order, Goodridge is also fine.  

• Like 1

Have HEL ones on mine, they're nicely made. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, M3AN said:

I used Stoptech from Turner, looks like they're on back order, Goodridge is also fine.  

Sweet, I assume that plbe9x335i model also fits the e87 130i ? ECS seems to have it on backorder too.

Edited by pranilb

2 hours ago, pranilb said:

Sweet, I assume that plbe9x335i model also fits the e87 130i ? ECS seems to have it on backorder too.

Yes, that's the part I got.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 2:20 PM, Jacko said:

Interesting theyve gone back to H&Rs, mine are eibachs. 

Mine are H&R so they've been that way a little while now.

I also use the HEL braided lines 

I've been super keen to share my awesome experience with you all since I got the B1 Dynamics Package installed on the 130i. I've taken it out for a few joyrides, it's really impressive!

I took it for a spin on the great roads from Te Kauwhata to Raglan, and it was pure magic. My car felt like it was stuck to the road like glue. So incredibly stable!

Now, let's talk about rain. Traction in the wet? It's amazing, honestly! I was a bit nervous at first, but my BMW just gripped the road like a champ. It's such a confidence booster!

And the mid-corner power out? So stable! The B1 Dynamics Package has genuinely changed the game. No more worries when I hit the gas mid-corner. This upgrade is a game-changer, guys!

If you're still contemplating getting the B1 Dynamics Package, just go for it! It's worth every penny and will have you grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait to take on more twisty roads and see what else this fantastic upgrade can do!

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3

Yeah i bet it feels like a different car going from a worn stock setup. No doubt the solid subframe bushings and M3 arms to a lesser extent are contributing too.

• Like 1

Nice result.

To be fair, I think any setup will provide 95% of the benefit over the objectively poor, arguably dangerous, stock setup at pace, a proper custom setup such as this plays into the last 5%.

Perhaps I missed it, what tyres are you using? And the LSD is in yet?

Definatley was dangerous before. Yea everything in the Birds B1 Kit is installed now, i.e. Quaife LSD, Front & Rear H&R ARB, Bilstein shocks, Birds Springs. Plus M3 control arms, solid rear subframe bushes, solid front collars, and Brintech headers. Tires are still RFT; next upgrade will be some PS4's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pranilb said:

I've been super keen to share my awesome experience with you all since I got the B1 Dynamics Package installed on the 130i. I've taken it out for a few joyrides, it's really impressive!

I took it for a spin on the great roads from Te Kauwhata to Raglan, and it was pure magic. My car felt like it was stuck to the road like glue. So incredibly stable!

Now, let's talk about rain. Traction in the wet? It's amazing, honestly! I was a bit nervous at first, but my BMW just gripped the road like a champ. It's such a confidence booster!

And the mid-corner power out? So stable! The B1 Dynamics Package has genuinely changed the game. No more worries when I hit the gas mid-corner. This upgrade is a game-changer, guys!

If you're still contemplating getting the B1 Dynamics Package, just go for it! It's worth every penny and will have you grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait to take on more twisty roads and see what else this fantastic upgrade can do!

Completely agree, if BMW had set them up like B1 package from the factory 130i's would have cult status. 

I used to drive Auckland-Raglan return daily in the B1 130, its a good road for it ;) 

• Like 1

Any roads like Auckland-Raglan closer to Auckland central? 🤨