Sign in to follow this  
The F20 Guy

Engine Fault

Hi Bimmer Fam i currently owned an 2014 116i F20 I've had it for 2 years  done its regular servicing ODM 112Km just Got my WOF done passed with flying colours  1 week later my car started Shaking and jerking so i took it back to my mechanic to take a look at it 

it turns out that one of my Cylinders was Misfiring( Cylinder number 4 to be Exact) changed all the spark plugs same issue and so my Mechanic did a  compression test. Cylinders 1,2,3 wer pushing over 100 PSi while Cyclinder 4 pushing over 20 PSI  has anyone had this problem? or similar?

if so does anyone know if this is repairable? i was informed from my Mechanic that i would need to get a new Engine But Wanna See my options first 

thanks Fam 

Really needs a leak down test to confirm where the compression is escaping 

• Like 1

also check valves are actually working , broken camshaft ? have heard some later bmw engines have had this feature

Thank you Leak down test?   i will give this a go thank you :) i really hope its not serious 

Hope things work out ok with it. 

I worry about mine sometimes, seems like the idles not as smooth as it should be, but no error codes and I installed new sparkplugs too.