Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

SR20DET conversion

kool but looks like a ugly/messy conversion (the one displayd) couldve tidied alot of things up. but thats where the extra $$$ comes in as im finding out. im fussy as when it comes to tidyness on cars

sticky???

werD
Piss off.

Thats the lazy way. Put the effort and cash in and do it with a bmw engine

Japa motor in a bimmer.....

Piss off

Piss off.

Piss off

funny how the fastest cars on this site are jap powered ;)

sticky???

werD
Piss off.

Piss off

how could it be the lazy way? Surely more involved to install a foreign engine?

Ohhh you meaning that its the hard way with a bmw engine because its quite hard to get huge power out of an cheap and easy accessable bmw engine? :lol:

sticky???

werD
Piss off.

Piss off

Geez someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ;)

I know its a jappa engine and i am also against putting these into BMW's, but hey there are alot of people that i KNOW would like info on this, (search for all the q's asked bout sr20det conversions) its a good page, with alot of good info on it. THAT is why i posted it.

E: fire retarded

Edited by Carl

sorry, what Hp your 320 running?

who cares what badge the engine has one it..power is power.

at least come up with a reasoned argument that makes sense

but fastest?

whats most powerful?

I am happy to settle this argument once and for all. I'll bet I can come up with a BMW powered car ( local) that will eat any of your Japanese engined jobbies for breakfast! (hp, top speed, the whole lot) Anyone up for the challenge? :thumb:

Guest Spargo

Um, no, because there is still a Macca in the country, and a 320 Turbo, and a couple of 92 DTM cars.

Edited by Spargo

I wasn't even going to pull any of those cards out! It is a silly argument though, and been through many times before. It is widely acknowledged that the BMW Formula One Turbo was the most powerful of all time. And BMW do build some very powerful road cars. And some private owners have built some very powerful BMW powered cars. As well as some very powerful non-BMW powered cars.

I am not really sure I understand the reasoning behind many of these Japanese engine conversions. If it is for a cheap 350hp, then I get it.The SR20 DET (funny anagram for a turbo engine - DET! just what you don't want...) as well as the Toyota Supra are good examples of cheap readily available 300+ hp engines. But some of them have then gone and spent moonbeams turning it into a 600hp fire breathing dragon- and that costs money! (regardless of what engine you are running)

Who has the biggest baddest fastest BMW? Who knows, and who cares? If you get your kicks out of fitting a rotar or Mitsuota quad turbo double intercooler into your E30, then good for you! My toy will be BMW powered, do what you want with yours- I don't care. Whatever spins your wheels!.........

On a slight tangent, a little heads up for you all, there may be an up and coming race series for BMW's (running BMW power only!) and I am not referring to the new E30 series. Those who attended the AGM will know what I am referrring to. I will keep you posted as developments happen! :thumb:

most powerful.... the fastest.... who cares!

this thread was about a link to help people interested in doing a SR20DET conversion not a b!tch fest against putting a jappa in a non jappa car

there are alot of cars out there that you would look at and go "WTF why would you?" but the majority of the time they are pretty quick if done rite.

i think its about being different and doing things outside the square so to speak...

for me if i was to do an SR20det as opposed to an m20 turbo, it would be for a few reasons

mainly, weight distribution. 350 hp 4 cylinder. dream would be an s14 turbo, but finding one, then turboing it....$$

and relatively cheap...i dont want mega power, but 350 hp (reliable) sounds good to me...it would be more expensive than an m20 turbo, probably more reliable power but has better weight distribution.

Ahhhhh I luv winding the guys up on the forums................

Idealy I'd like to have this.

Any one know of any videos of this car in action???

hay is there anyone that would be able to help me with info on this im seriously thinking about this conversion. but dont really wana have to get the parts from canada.

just looking at getting an idea on price and what is involed body mods etc .any other sites i could look at ?

hay is there anyone that would be able to help me with info on this im seriously thinking about this conversion. but dont really wana have to get the parts from canada.

just looking at getting an idea on price and what is involed body mods etc .any other sites i could look at ?

I seen a 3.2 evo motor go for 6500 on tradme. Depends whether your going to do the work your self to.

hay yeah id do most of it myself all the bolt in stuff the wiring id use a link plus to make it easier. i was meaning the sr20det swap more than the 3.2

hope you have lots of money bro... thats all im gonna say