Sign in to follow this  
Bennyboy

F31 335d or 330d (non-xdrive)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/3/listing/3793864853

This is probably best bet if you aren't fussed on mileage (although it's at the trade-in warehouse and it's been there a while so would need a good PPI). The NZ new 330d's (except for a few pre-production cars) and all 335d's (which weren't ever sold new here) are x-drive though.

Thanks - yes, you’re right! 

there was a couple 335d touring online at the same time a few months back, if I had to go 330d I would prefer non xdrive but unlikely any in Nz unless UK import maybe? 

need a replacement vehicle ASAP so keen to see what’s out there 

I test drove a RWD 330d when I was in the market, actually feels faster in some situations than the 335d because of the power delivery/boost with the bigger single turbo. The x-drive is not too intrusive, just a bit of extra fuel use and the bigger turning circle in town - and potentially service costs. The DSC is quite permissive in sport / sport +, can feel the power shuffling to the front and pulling you out of the corner on a wet road.

• Like 1

Price looks kind of steep on that one @Bennyboy - although it's effectively an NZ new car, imported with 80km on the odo. Spec is not bad, depends if you think sunroof is a good thing or not. There have been several facelifted ones with 50-80k for mid 30's in past 12 months.

Saw that one @Bennyboy...he/she is also playing the arbitrage game, that one was 40k at a dealer when imported a couple of months ago, and the reserve might be 50 with a 40k starting price.

This on the other hand is quite attractive (albeit twice the price of the 330d above)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/340i/listing/4031040353

Edited by balancerider
  • Sad 1

Yes the NZ new one is VERY nice but I cannot justify the price tag. 

might start with a 3 within 12mo I suspect 

Inclined to agree there could be some catch up depreciation coming soon so the white one originally posted potentially still the best. 

There are a couple of old man spec NZ-new 330xd's (a luxury line and an SE) in Auckland but both pre-facelift and a bit more expensive 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/330d/listing/4033600605

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/330d/listing/4009529556

I was looking for an F30 wagon, and ended up converted to an X3. 

Pre C19/Ukraine diesel made more sense. Pretty much only upside now is that awesome low down punch, so still like mine. But the petrol versions are obviously great too.

Good value

@m325i imagine an X3 with an N55 will be pretty thirsty unless driven very gently on open road. I can't get the diesel above 10L/100k avg regardless of how I drive it.

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

@m325i imagine an X3 with an N55 will be pretty thirsty unless driven very gently on open road. I can't get the diesel above 10L/100k avg regardless of how I drive it.

Factor in RUC and about the same as a 30d

2 hours ago, m325i said:

I was looking for an F30 wagon, and ended up converted to an X3. 

Pre C19/Ukraine diesel made more sense. Pretty much only upside now is that awesome low down punch, so still like mine. But the petrol versions are obviously great too.

Good value

26k seems a lot for a 10yr+ X3? 

MS is nice on it, no doubt, but nothing on f31 equivalent - for looks, anyway.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, m325i said:

Factor in RUC and about the same as a 30d

currently maybe but i imagine it'll be back to the 75c / L difference once the tax goes back on.

Tangentially related, but I'm in the market for an F31 20d X-Drive to replace the 35d as my commute has gone from 30,000k a year to 3000k. Any tips for sorting the X-drives out from the rest of them listed on TM? It's driving me up the wall trawling through 2wd ones.

29 minutes ago, Neil McCauley said:

Tangentially related, but I'm in the market for an F31 20d X-Drive to replace the 35d as my commute has gone from 30,000k a year to 3000k. Any tips for sorting the X-drives out from the rest of them listed on TM? It's driving me up the wall trawling through 2wd ones.

What’s your 35d, Neil? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bennyboy said:

26k seems a lot for a 10yr+ X3? 

MS is nice on it, no doubt, but nothing on f31 equivalent - for looks, anyway.

Yeah that’s the best looking spec for a non LCI f25. Good spec f30 looks better. But mid spec I don’t think. 

Drive a big motor f25. I used to hate SUVs, until I became one. (If it’s your only car / sporty car then f30 makes more sense). 

Or go LCI e90 put a car play head unit in it and $ave? 

2 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Search NZ new, majority of the 320d xdrives are pre-LCI but there are a few nicely specced Sport and Shadow Edition LCI ones as well. The Jap import 320d's are all RWD (there is a 320i X-drive though) and not many of the UK ones are AWD either

• Like 2