Sign in to follow this  
Cement

Once you go schwartz ...

Doing the sunroof delete shortly(ish) and got the new black headliner plus A/B/C pillars all in black to replace the existing grey interior.

Might take the opportunity to recover everything before it goes in but would like a perfect match if possible for the OEM fabric.

Anybody had good experiences and can recommend where to get such things ? Looking at you @Sammo :D

BM134 is the OEM fabric for the headliner, which comes foam backed. The same fabric is on the A/B/C pillars but without the foam backing which is BM3109 if you use the foam backed fabric on the pillars its too thick and looks wrong.

It's a bit of a bitch to get to NZ though, have to ship it in from the states I believe. This place has it: https://www.cartopsplus.com/Automotive/Headliner/BMW-Cloth-Headlining just select 134 and 3109 from the drop down menu. I emailed them if they had better options for shipping price and they came back with a pretty good quote it was around 100USD to ship 2 meters of 134. I got distracted with other projects and never ordered though. 

https://lemansautofabrics.co.nz/index.html This wellington place has it on their website but last I checked he didn't have any in stock and said I'd have to try ship it in from overseas. 

Edited by Harper
  • Like 2

Awesome feedback thanks @Harper !! I shall investigate ... i could in theory go with something 'similar' if I do everything in one shot 🤔

• Like 1

Harper's suggestions are on point - only thing I would add is that its probably easier / cheaper / quicker to get good condition E46 coupe interior used in leather or Msport fabric (although that alcantara does not wear too well) and put that in?

The headliner / pillars all being newin black will blend in nicely.

Leather interior has the bonus of being able to be refinished quite simply (although a litte time consuming) to a near new condion if no rips / holes - theres a guy on the shore who owes you a favour to assist too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Harper's suggestions are on point - only thing I would add is that its probably easier / cheaper / quicker to get good condition E46 coupe interior used in leather or Msport fabric (although that alcantara does not wear too well) and put that in?

The headliner / pillars all being newin black will blend in nicely.

Leather interior has the bonus of being able to be refinished quite simply (although a litte time consuming) to a near new condion if no rips / holes - theres a guy on the shore who owes you a favour to assist too!

I have already got leather door cards from @Harper funnily enough :) Was going to wait until the new roof is on until putting them in but they are under foot so might get them all done sooner rather than later. Also was going to replace the stuffed speakers and wood trim with something else while at it ... just keep on pulling that piece of string !!

Wondering what the wood trim pieces would look like with a tint file / charcoal wrap over the top ... kinda carbon meets OEM wood vibe 🤔

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cement said:

I have already got leather door cards from @Harper funnily enough :) Was going to wait until the new roof is on until putting them in but they are under foot so might get them all done sooner rather than later. Also was going to replace the stuffed speakers and wood trim with something else while at it ... just keep on pulling that piece of string !!

Wondering what the wood trim pieces would look like with a tint file / charcoal wrap over the top ... kinda carbon meets OEM wood vibe 🤔

Some pieces could be quite fiddly to wrap (door handles) but a grey / smoke tinted wood could work I think.

At least try it on an easy piece first to see?