Sign in to follow this  
chuckitinbro

Aftermarket parts best brands ?

I've been getting a few bits and pieces from either FCP or RockAuto. Watched a fair few m539 vids and he doesnt rate Mahle at all. What are reputable brands people use?

I've brought Rein and Veico so far i think and they seem fine. Specifically this time I need to get new VANOS solenoids. Mine are throwing the odd code. I tried to clean them on the w.e and possibly swapped them round by mistake. Even though they seem interchangable the car idled super rough like it was missing half the cyls and was rattly AF when revved. pulled the solenoids and swapped them back and it runs fine. Figured i'd replace them anyway since it will be a 2 week wait. Also need some seals etc

BMW rates Mahle as an OEM provider..

It differs from part to part, but I generally trust whatever BMW utilises for OEM - eg off the top of my head (from E30/36/46/9x experience😞

Elring - gaskets, seals
Mahle - oil, air, fuel filters
Delphi - coils, sensors
Fag - bearings, cylinders

Have had great results subbing in Febi/Bilstein, Swag, Rein, FTC, Mann - but depends part to part really. Think Lemforder makes Febi, Mahle, Mann etc anyway - so that's more in Mahle's favour(?) - could be wrong on that!

Also if you chuck another RockAuto order in - 

5% off RockAuto orders:
Code: 230130626206754042
Expires on May 26, 2023, 12:00 Midnight CT
  • Like 1

+1 depends on the part but anything electrical related i always go OE\genuine unless its NLA.