What's up guys,

I've had my E63 for a while now and I've spent quite a bit of time reading other forums such as m5board, Bimmerfest, and Bimmerpost. I mostly treated my E63 like I would any other car, until I came across Timm's YouTube channel, and his website on MeekNet. Since then, I've realised how worthwhile it is to give your car some proper TLC, and since then I've developed a real passion for my car. I've learned to use INPA and NCS Expert, and a whole bunch about scheduled and preventative maintenance. I was looking for a forum like this to get some regional know-how, as I'm keen to do some work to the exhaust. Americans make it sound so easy to get an Eisenmann exhaust bought and fitted - but not the case in NZ!

I was massively into cars as a kid, but my E63 is the first car I've owned that I've felt any passion for. At the moment I'm keen to get a bit more power out of it without spending too much, and without deviating too much from factory. Aesthetically, the only thing I'm keen to do is to get 19's - my favourite look is the BBS LM look you used to see on a lot of E36's. Alpina B6 wheels are sweet too.

Cheers!

Here are some of my favourite ones. Kidney grills are begging to be re-dipped - it's on the list..

Today I'm gonna find out about fitment, and what sort of 19's I can run. Ever since I got the car I've wanted some wheels with more spokes. Mine have grown on me though.

1 (6).jpg

2 (1).jpg

2 (5).jpg

1 (1).jpg

• Like 1

welcome Josh.  Yep, although you can treat your BMW like a Camry, it'll repay you in nothing but huge bills.  Routine maintenance and preventative is your best bet for enjoyable motoring.  Of huge importance on e6x is the sunroof drains and the cowling/scuttle drains; if they get blocked, many modules are at floor level and don't like swimming.

Tag into the Wellington room, BMW Car Club NZ Welly branch has a regular monthly pub meet in Johnsonville first Thursday every month ~6.30pm for a meal, a convivial ale or two and plenty of chat.  Sometimes even about BMWs!

Cheers Olaf.

I haven’t heard of the sunroof drains being a problem, I’ll have a look into that. My to-do list is ever growing..

I’m always keen to spin some yarns over a beer.

• Like 1

I would reiterate too - blocked sunroof drains are an issue and will cause water ingress problems! 

Clear them now for relatively cheap $ and keep on top of them - this will save you $$$ when you have water soaked carpets and need to dry them. 

awesome car though and just enjoy it!

I'm a keen DIYer so I'll give it a go myself.

Beautiful car in your pic Treone.. 840ci?

Does anyone have recommendations on exhaust options for the V8's?

On 5/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, E63 said:

840ci?

Correct! 👍

Edited by treone

hunt out "so you've bought an e60" -it's a pdf that's constantly updated.  much of it will apply to your e63.  HTH.

• Like 1