Liiiam

2011 F20 numerous headlight issues

My headlights started to get condensation a few months ago. But, they'd always clear up during the day and I read online that they were mad to vent? recently they've begun to stay fogged up/condensated and I've been hit with the "Headlight vertical aim control failure" and just a few minutes ago for the first time "Dipped right beam failure". As you can see in the picture one is fine and one is bad, they were both bad until I had some work done and they had to remove the light and put it back in, but again it's starting to get more condensation build up. 

Anyone ever have a similar issue that they were able to solve? I got two quotes for new headlights and it was about half the cost of the car so I'm hoping not to go down that route.

IMG-20230301-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230308-WA0009.jpg

Find a workshop that will remove the head light and dry them out and then seal the unit.  I brought my car to Bellars several months ago to get rid of condensation for my front headlights. Thankfully, I didn't wait too long and suffered no electrical faults.

However, one rear headlight now has that problem too 😂😭

On 6/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, Choo said:

Find a workshop that will remove the head light and dry them out and then seal the unit.  I brought my car to Bellars several months ago to get rid of condensation for my front headlights. Thankfully, I didn't wait too long and suffered no electrical faults.

However, one rear headlight now has that problem too 😂😭

How much did that set ya back? think I'll have to go this route 

all of these f20's have this issue , 

On 6/9/2023 at 12:03 AM, Liiiam said:

How much did that set ya back? think I'll have to go this route 

I paid $386 in total. Good luck with whichever option you choose. 

Edited by Choo

5 hours ago, Choo said:

I paid $386 in total. Good luck with whichever option you choose. 

Cheers mate.

Also, do you have the halogen or xenon? I thought I had the halogen as those were the lamps that 'fit my vehicle' when putting in the info on supercheap/repco.. come to find it has these headlamps but also has what I think is the vertical aim controller which is only for halogens?? maaan I'm getting more and more confused lol.1188773128_WhatsAppImage2023-06-10at18_52_38.thumb.jpg.751690a38616350cd1b85d12a994015f.jpg

1275263748_WhatsAppImage2023-06-10at18_51_30.thumb.jpg.b1f1f387b2e07290222cce33bdc7c0aa.jpg

422619385_WhatsAppImage2023-06-10at18_51_14.thumb.jpg.273a61f4ddc1919ff70fccf9304bf2e4.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-10 at 18.52.38.jpg

On 6/9/2023 at 9:52 AM, BM WORLD said:

all of these f20's have this issue , 

Unfortunately mate, trying to keep her up and running until I've got a mortgage. Might be heading back to your shop for a few buys sometime soon 😂

Vin decoder says you have xenon.

33 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Vin decoder says you have xenon.

Cheers for that mate, guess I'm gonna have to look to change the control unit or driver module