Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

Any race kits out there?

Thought I'd ask here first - does anyone have overalls, gloves, HANS device, helmet for sale? My son is looking to get a taste of the track. Large (1.90m-ish, slender)... Cheers! 

• Like 1

Take a look at Gforce racing gear out of the US. It's the cheap end but good enough quality for track days.

A speed shop I purchased a bit of gear through while I was there is OG racing in Virginia. The do ship to NZ. 

• Like 1

@C-130 Hercules Chicane in NZ used to do a package, with overalls, boots, gloves, etc. Decent quality (I’ve still got most of mine all these years later) for the price.

They sell through the V8 performance / Stockcars type places, Silvesters might be one?

• Like 1

I copied this from a mailer a few months back ... seems like reasonable value to me and was going to check it out when the time comes.image.thumb.png.8f71cf0cbdb309c7d911045538954793.png

• Like 1

@C-130 Hercules what type of racing is he going to be doing? Many series require safety gear over and above the suit boots and helmet. MSNZ mandate fire proof undies for most series, and HANS is needed by many (a good idea tbh).

This is another big cost to racing having all the safety gear (don’t forget the 5kg fire extinguisher for the pits, 1kg in the car, etc) it’s a big investment up front to try something you might not get along with.

My gear has been sitting in the wardrobe in-used for a long time, happy to lend out my HANS which will fit any suitable helmet. Or any other stuff he might need (probs not the undies though..).

• Thanks 2

Thanks Jon

Not looking at series as this would require quite a bit more. Most likely trackdays, possibly Targa Tour, Ruakaka, etc. Car only has a half cage. 

Thanks for your offer. Let's see how we get on. 

... and yeah, will pass on the topic of under garments 😂

Yeah I will be honest and say I am not likely to ever join another series with my car.  The change in safety regulations and track cost increases have put an already expensive sport even further out of reach.

There are far fewer track days thanks to the closure of Puke and sale of Hampton and Taupo.  And Playday On Track has pretty much been killed off due to this.

Even silly things like I am not able to go passenger in a car without a roll cage to teach them how to get around the track anymore.  But if I did want to take a passenger in a car with a roll cage they are required to have the same safety gear as me including Hans device.

Just so you are aware.  It is not as easy as it once was.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2