Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Want to swap really loud X5 4.8i mufflers for stock?

Just picked up a 2008 4.8i X5 in need of some TLC. We (with two babies) really don't like the volume out of these aftermarket mufflers. Does sound ok at higher speed but at lower speeds, just not a fan.  The previous owner described it as a "real proper V8 sound", which is true depending on your tolerance. :)

Stock X5 V8 mufflers would be ideal, a direct swap more so.

• Like 1

Alternatively anyone selling the standard 4.8l e70 muffler? 

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

LOL, the one I got could also be described as exactly this, white as well. If it went for the price of a few parts it could be a runner. No idea myself on these type of auctions though? 

Edited by Kodachrome

Maybe try E30Andy? He is closer to you and might know where too look? I know he has had a few X5's. 

I think you have made a good decision shutting it up. 

More so these days that there are so many EV's around. Somewhat embarrassing when a 75 year old women in a MG can walk away from you at the lights in silence. 

On 12/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, Apex said:

I think you have made a good decision shutting it up. 

More so these days that there are so many EV's around. Somewhat embarrassing when a 75 year old women in a MG can walk away from you at the lights in silence. 

Exactly this, its just no where near fast enough to warrant the noise, its just embarrassing!

Definitely ping Andy, he take's his mufflers off his X5 until WOF time lol. Might be the perfect trade.