E30 325i Rag-Top

NZ Top For BMW M Sales

BMW New Zealand is celebrating after clinching the marque’s top global ranking for the ratio of BMW M cars among the overall model mix in its sales last year.

IMG_0574.jpeg

Registrations of BMW M high-performance vehicles, such as the M3, increased by 31.7 per cent in New Zealand in 2023 when compared with the prior year. 

The company notes combined sales of high-performance and performance models, the latter including the M340i xDrive, increased by 3.6 per cent over the calendar year.  

The best-selling BMW to wear an M badge was the all-electric, 400kW i4 M50, which increased its sales by 108 per cent in 2023. It was also the leading BMW M model worldwide for the second year running. 

Other notable performers locally were the M2 Coupe, pictured, with 22 registrations last year and sales of the iX M60 jumped by 122 per cent. 

Adam Shaver, BMW Group NZ managing director, says the “outstanding numbers” underline the appetite for BMW M cars and that consumers also recognise the benefits of an all-electric powertrain in a performance vehicle.  

“We look forward to building on this result in 2024 with a dynamic and diversified portfolio of BMW M cars,” he adds. 

“The i5 M60 xDrive will have its first full year on sale and in the coming months we will introduce the first-ever X2 M35i xDrive, which will bring a new, high-output offering to the luxury crossover segment.” 

Annual global sales of BMW M cars surpassed 200,000 for the first time in 2023, with total volume increasing by 14.3 per cent compared with 2022. 

• Like 1

More money than sense.

X2 M35i xDrive... f**k off.

• Like 2

Ratio. This can be made to look just as good if less non m vehicles are sold and the m sales remain the same.

Just doing some digging around the topic, but hooooly sh*t, there were five (5) new McLaren's registered in 2023. Absolutely brutal.