Xander

2008 BMW 135i

Does this seem too good to be true or just a really good deal? E.g., Can I have your thoughts and expertise, do you think overpriced or reasonable? I saw this listing you may be interested in: 2008 BMW 135i https://www.trademe.co.nz/4605740129

Current owner had it for 6 years, has all service paper history, no accidents, factory manual and supposedly no known issues . 

Any one knows about this car or driver?

Hard to say without knowing the reserve...

Its an N54 / PFL (although seems most manuals are).

• Thanks 1

Seems about right to me, its a buyers market at the moment with people spending less on stuff. These cars are common and aren't exactly cheap to run either so you really go to price them to sell.  

• Thanks 1

There was a manual for $12K the other day.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2024 at 12:55 AM, Driftit said:

There was a manual for $12K the other day.

Thanks for the update, appreciate the help

This is my old 135i.. I know cause the dash is has a slit that is lifting on the passenger side and I put in the ZHP shifter.

This car put me off owning a newer BMW! it spent so much money on fixing it. ABS module failure, Waterpump failure and misfires in the same month. 

Also always felt slower than my mates 135i.. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, @jasera94 and @EagleI appreciate you being honest.

@jasera94 I know how you feel, I am the same but with older models. The e39 has been a pain for me, however I knew this from @eagle and online research.

Thinking of throwing in the towel with mine, being nic picky trying to get it to 100%.

I am at a cross roads though because the potential, engine, performance, sound, etc... has me in love 😪. Would like to start getting involve personally with my build but not sure where to start.

P.s. There is a parked E36 at my job I am eyeing 🤣, hoping it is an older resident with parts and maintenance up to date.

Edited by Xander

Additionally, there is a 2001 530d msport donor I want to buy and transfer parts.

Edited by Xander

It does have (unless this owner has removed them) Mandrel bent downpipes which gave it a deeper sound note.

If you do get it change the springs to a stiffer application if not done so already - stock springs were terrible and probably why it felt slow.