Danch

New clutch & flywheel for E87 130i

I've narrowed down my clutch & flywheel choice to these:

LUK 415 0389 10: Dual Mass Flywheel + pilot bearing
LUK 624 3288 00: Clutch Pressure Plate + Clutch Disc + Clutch release bearing + release fork 
Do you guys reckon I'm missing something? (bolts?) or is there anything worth getting it replaced while the transmission is out?
I'm waiting for P&S Auto for a quote for the labour. 

You'll also want bolts for the DMF (6x 11227520706) and should consider a replacement pivot pin (21511223328).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, exextatic said:

You'll also want bolts for the DMF (6x 11227520706) and should consider a replacement pivot pin (21511223328).

Thanks! I think I might also need 23000392607 transmission mounting bolts. 

I'm not sure if I also need M8 bolts for installing pressure plate onto the flywheel (21207548052) though.

If ordering off of the BMW number for the clutch kit (21207587369), the diagrams indicate that pressure plate bolts should be included. In saying that there's no sign of them in any pictures of the LuK kit I can find so you'll likely want to order them too.

Looks like it.

Got a quote from BMW for the transmission mounting bolts: $40.16 + gst. With 3 weeks lead time. Not too bad. 

Edited by Danch

You don't really need new pressure plate bolts. They're not stretch to yield, new ones just come with thread locker pre-installed. You'll get the same result by cleaning up the old ones and applying some Loctite when installing, save yourself a few $.

• Like 1

Exhaust manifold flange gaskets. All the shifter bushings if they havent been done. Maybe engine\transmission mounts, rear main seal, slave cylinder, flex disc and center bearing depending on their condition\wear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

Exhaust manifold flange gaskets. All the shifter bushings if they havent been done. Maybe engine\transmission mounts, rear main seal, slave cylinder, flex disc and center bearing depending on their condition\wear.

Thanks! I didn't think of those. For the flex disc, do you know if the rear one has to come out as well during clutch install? or is it only the front one?

Usually unbolt them from the diff flange and leave them on the driveshaft. Could unbolt it from the driveshaft instead, shouldnt matter either way.

• Like 1