E30 325i Rag-Top

E30 Pre-Fl Rear Centre Panel

If anyone’s got an E30 they are scrapping or parting out I am Looking for a rear centre panel for a pre-fl E30, with as little rust as possible.

Or if anyone can point me in the direction of a company that sells repro E30 panels (apart from E30 garage Norway)?

Genuine BMW part is out of stock in DE on back order with no ETA, so looking for alternatives.

Was a while ago now, but I'm pretty sure SD had a NIB pattern panel in stock. They might have a supplier?

Vink Motorsport and Schmeidmann have it for reasonable monies, but shipping is the killer I imagine.

Edited by Neil McCauley
  • Thanks 1

Neil is onto it, Schmeidmann is definitely a good option, if you can get me part numbers or a photo of what you're after I get trade pricing there, and their shipping isn't too bad.

There's two other companies I can check with too and will get their names when I'm at my computer next. One is out of Germany that has a lot of NOS and repo parts, that are great to deal with. And the second I think is in Denmark that I got put onto while searching for E3 parts.

Edited by Mad_Max
  • Thanks 1

On the topic of repro panels.. I bought the Facelift KLOKKERHOLM from schmiedmann that is a repro and it's pretty sh*t tbh. Thinner metal, poorly stamped and rough edges that would need alot of cleaning up for the taillight cutouts.

Since I was going to all the effort of cutting and replacing and paintjob I went for an OEM one and when I had both next to each other it was night and day the quality comparison. Metal thickness alone was probably like 1mm vs 0.8mm. 

• Like 2

Genuine M3 panel is out of stock with Schmeidmann and BMW.

Part number is 41 34 1924868 for rear panel.

@Mad_Max I would be interested to see what their pricing is for that shipped to NZ, as they are showing stock.

4 minutes ago, e30ftw said:

On the topic of repro panels.. I bought the Facelift KLOKKERHOLM from schmiedmann that is a repro and it's pretty sh*t tbh. Thinner metal, poorly stamped and rough edges that would need alot of cleaning up for the taillight cutouts.

Interesting, thanks. This is for the race car and is mostly to make it easier to fit the side panels as the centre is pretty banged up and rusty on one side. It won’t be show standard, but would be better and probably easier, than  trying to rework what’s there currently.

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Part number is 41 34 1924868 for rear panel.

Thanks for the part number, I assumed that was the part you were after. From Schmeidmann, a repo part will probably be just under $500 landed. Wallothnesch also have them, their pricing is $199 Euro (about $350ish) plus freight, I suspect theirs will be NOS - unfortunately I don't get trade pricing from them but some prices are amazing - NOS corner indicators for a 1973 E3 3.0 were $35 each plus freight compared to $350 each second hand. So I trust both those vendors. Schmeidmann are typically cheaper for freight but parts are dearer.

Kapteijn Classic Parts is another option, though I can't vouch for them - I haven't bought anything from them yet but have been put onto them by someone restoring another E3, apparently they are quite good to deal with too.

Let me know if you want me to try get firm pricing, though I suspect that may be more than you want to spend for a race car, but if not I'm happy to order on your behalf and get it sorted for ya.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the offer Max, it’s a case of availability at the moment, but I’m in no rush so will wait and see what happens with BMW Germany getting stock.

• Like 1

No worries, let me know if you get stuck or what happens. May actually be cheaper to go through the dealer for these parts.