Pretty straightforward.. you either want a wolf in sheep’s clothing or a wolf that looks like a wolf. My B5 was great in surprising the unsuspecting :)

Would be an easy decision if this was an F31. I think I’d take the f80 with the spec on this, looks like a 320i sportline 

I haven’t driven any of the more recent Alpina models, but the ones I did drive felt quite different to the same gen M cars.

The M seemed “sharper” and more intense, whereas the Alpina was more of a high-speed Autobahn cruiser.

Both great cars,  and enjoyable to drive but aimed at different market niches.

Of the options in the original post I would have to go for the F80 Comp as it is such a great all round car. The first M3 that can be used as a daily and still give a smile on your dial through the twisties on the week-end.

The comps and regular f80s will also dyno at 460+ standard so in typical BMW Turbod Ms is understated.

Also a great platform that can be setup with coding quite easily. Comp will take most of the CS coding for Steering , DCT , Diff , Shocks and traction control. Or GTS for everything other than shocks.

If more engine performance is wanted then coding to 500 hp plus straight forward. More performance oriented then crank hub , turbos and downpipes will get 600- 650hp plus with the ability to run back to stock when needed from an iPhone. 

The Alpina is more of an understated gentleman’s car. Suspect the interior will be a bit nicer.

Eitherway both a great choice.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1