Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

135i/M135i

Is anyone running an E82/F20 model of the above? If an E82, later model with the N55 and DCT.

Had one, running one now, thoughts/comments/good/ bad/ reliable/ not?

Cheers.

F20 M135i is better than the E82 135i, the ZF8 Gearbox is nicer than the DCT overall for daily use, the later version of the N55 has less issues too. (Aim for 2014 or newer with F20 M135i, EWG model).

I've driven both, I have an N54 135i as that is better than N55 :P well not better, just way faster for less money on mods.. sort of... it owes me stupid money now haha.

2 hours ago, charles28 said:

F20 M135i is better than the E82 135i, the ZF8 Gearbox is nicer than the DCT overall for daily use, the later version of the N55 has less issues too. (Aim for 2014 or newer with F20 M135i, EWG model).

I've driven both, I have an N54 135i as that is better than N55 :P well not better, just way faster for less money on mods.. sort of... it owes me stupid money now haha.

Doesn’t have to be faster, just reliable. I’ve heard enough stories plus increasing age makes me think n55 would be a better option. I think yours might be overkill for our use. I do like the zf8 too.

What’s ewg?

N55 is a much more reliable engine, the ZF8 is just a peach, have driven this combo a bunch.

Some horribly modded and abused 135i's out there just like 335i's urgh 😋 

M135 all day for me.

Edited by mmario

I had a 135i N55 DCT for about 5 years. Awesome car, pretty reliable. Bought it with 85,000kms and immediately I had the HPFP go out, one of the issues inherited from the N54 on the earlier models of the N55 (2010). Same with the electric Waterpump, but that was at 95,000kms so nothing out of the ordinary from a usual waterpump maintenance schedule.

DCT was great, never had issues. I used to push it pretty hard. I did the usual Stage 2 stuff quite early in ownership with the upgraded intercooler and charge pipes, catless downpipes, Stage 2 MHD tune and used it as my daily like that for 4 years without a single problem. The N55 is much more reliable than the N54. I sold it at about 125,000kms.