rogan

Please explain

Organisational failure saw Environment Canterbury fail to reprimand the chairperson after he clocked almost 700 speeding incidents.

That's what the council are saying after chairperson Peter Scott, who has now stepped down, exceeded the speed limit in a council-provided car 678 times since January, with a top speed of 157km/h.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/10/11/how-678-speeding-violations-by-the-boss-went-unnoticed-at-ecan/

27 minutes ago, rogan said:

Organisational failure saw Environment Canterbury fail to reprimand the chairperson after he clocked almost 700 speeding incidents.

That's what the council are saying after chairperson Peter Scott, who has now stepped down, exceeded the speed limit in a council-provided car 678 times since January, with a top speed of 157km/h.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/10/11/how-678-speeding-violations-by-the-boss-went-unnoticed-at-ecan/

No big deal here. Any vehicle fitted with GPS would show speeding in excess of posted limits daily. 

The media have feasted (falsely) on this for weeks. And Peter Scott fell on his sword anyway, sooo folks this show is over 

Worked for Eroad in it's early days.

Some heavy trucks would do that in a month. Also depends on how often that breach is logged. Usually every 1 min over is a new incident. 

By law you must be below the speed limit where the sign post is mounted. E.g. from a 80 zone to a 50 zone you must be below 50 before the sign post. Nobody does that.

Most companies only cared about the top 10 to 20 % of beaches. Catching the drivers who a well over.

I had the high score for Eroad staff for a while. Shame it was the poor kid from Firestone test driving my car. Got a free alignment though after I advised them.

I would want to see his speed report. And if it is not a calibrated government approved device like Eroad then the data is irrelevant. I spent hours every day updating GIS data to set the correct speed limits. Only had to be 50m off and it would generate a speeding log.

• Like 3

A car forum dedicated to BMW's of all brands shaming someone for speeding. Fun times.

On 10/12/2024 at 10:34 PM, Vass said:

A car forum dedicated to BMW's of all brands shaming someone for speeding. Fun times.

bit harsh, I didn't get that vibe, the explanation by driftit explains it in his favour i would say,

doing 157km in a work vebicle though especially when you know its monitored is muppet level arrogance and would have been license pinging if he had been caught.

must have been late for a smoko shout because no council worker ever hurried to a job IMHO

• Like 1

If it was Eroad in his vehicle which is most likely for a council, then it is also most likely he would have a screen in the vehicle advising his driving behaviour.
So he would be well aware of his f#$% up.

Probably this product.
https://www.eroad.co.nz/products/health-safety-eroad-drive-buddy/

It would also be in his contract for driving behaviour.

Yeah I worked there.  But Eroad is great for people driving vehicles that are not theirs.  E.g. Work vehicles.
Insurance can be heavily discounted fleet wide if Eroad is installed.
Some companies even rewarded drivers with cash bonuses of those savings while I was there.