Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

'M6'

Well, there you go. I've learnt something for the day. An Automatic E28 M6.

Not interested, that's so un-M.

dont think it will be, im sure the only m car that could come in auto was the m535i, other than the new SMG stuff.

90% sure m635csi didnt come in auto

Thats what i though 50 Grand for an auto?! But still mean collectors item. If kept mint it would be worth a pretty penny in the future!

I had an arguement with my bro over M6 versus 635CSi's, me thinking they were the same thing and I was pretty sure the ones I'd seen were pushing out the same horsepower. Anyway, I looked in a book I have on BMW ... forget hte name and turns out the M6 was produced, but only in the USA funnily enough.

look up twr racing on trade me there is a m6 dohc 280hp fo about $16000 manual thinks its a LHD but still M6 twr racing has all the mean bmws

look up twr racing on trade me there is a m6 dohc 280hp fo about $16000 manual thinks its a LHD but still M6  twr racing has all the mean bmws

Yes I have seen that one on TM, looks like good value at first glance, and they say it can be registered as it is over 20 years old.(and LHD) Beware of rust though, I am not suggesting this one is rusty, but just heard of a recent M6 import from Japan that is very rotten.

And an automatic M6- sounds dodgy to me!

Edited by conrod

Just checked 'THe original BMW Motorsport' book .. and it says nothing about auto gearbox only 2 versions of the getrag 5 speed.

no such thing as an 'M6' except for a new one, the old ones were called M635csi, and the next model down was the 635csi

thats what I said, I was questioned about it and I looked up and found yes its true. They were only produced in the US over a certain period of time I think 87 onward.

Guest Spargo

While my car was layed up, there was a beige one up on the lift beisde my car. I think the guys said the new owner paid for 20K for it, and its had roughly another 8K spent on it right off the bat.

If it had an S38 in it - it's good enough to be an M6

http://www.bmwinfo.com/30418.html

M635 CSi M88/3 6 cylinder 286 HP 255 km/h 1983 - 1989

M635 CSi cat. S38 6 cylinder 260 HP 250 km/h 1987 - 1989

M6 USA S38 6 cylinder 256 HP 250 km/h 1985 - 1988

Edited by E30stz

Guest Spargo

The M88 is just an early S38, the M88 has a single row timing chain, the S38 has a double row.

yes, but the S38 is more 'enviromentaly friendly', US emissions equp etc. M88 puts out more power than 3.5 S38. M88 = non catted etc

Duplex timing chains FTW.

Single chains break, duplex never do.

The S38 can be modified fairly easily to remove the enviro restrictions turning it into a duplex M88.

50k for an M6? Pffft, yeah right. Go shopping overseas.

Ash