Sign in to follow this  
E30SIX

My rims are complete after hours of polishing!

Here's some pics of my wheels. Since the weather has not been so crash hot of recent I deceided to dedicate my weekend to wheel polishing. I picked the rims up from the panel beater on Saturday morning. The rims have been sanded back and repainted and clear coated to the outide rim edge. I then polished the rim myself.

Thanks to all the members who passed on their advice about wheel polishing and what products to use.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by E30SIX

fantastic, i love these rims

looking good, same as mine except 5 lug.

I'm probably going with anthracite centers though, hopefully mine will turn out as good.

Haven't done much on mine though, exam time and it been too farking cold.

What finish did you end up with on the lips? clear coat, wax, nothing?

looking good, same as mine except 5 lug.

I'm probably going with anthracite centers though, hopefully mine will turn out as good.

Haven't done much on mine though, exam time and it been too farking cold.

What finish did you end up with on the lips? clear coat, wax, nothing?

I am still deciding if I will give them a wax. Right now they are just polished. I used a Mothers product which claims it will polish and protect.

I will proberly give them a wax and maybe spray down the rims with some sort of brake dust protectent. I think someone mention a brake dust protectent will help with cleaning since the dust sticks to the protectent and not the rim. Helps with cleaning.

mine are polished and I just use Mothers to keep them shiny, no wax or anything else. Tried wax when I first got them but seemed to need more work to clean then so removed it and just use the mothers metal polish now. Brake dust is not a problem as I clean them often.

Very noice, kinda makes me wish i kept mine, how did you fix curbage? Or was there none?

Well done looks good.

I polished the rims on my datsun by hand and I havnt waxed them or anything, admitedly its not a daily driver or anything but once you get a decent finish on them its pretty easy and quick to keep it that way, just wipe them down when you wash the car and quickly use some metal polish on them when theyre looking dull

Look good mate.

I would recommend waxing them. I use Meguiars on mine and even this weekend after 6 weeks of not being cleaned and looking blacker than black, the brake dust just wiped off with no effort whatsoever.

im looking at doing it to my ac schnitzers my salf how much it cost

$310.00 for them to be painted and curbing cleaned up. After this just Mothers polish and about 4-5 hours of polishing.

$310.00 for them to be painted and curbing cleaned up. After this just Mothers polish and about 4-5 hours of polishing.

Excuse my ignorence, but is $310 per each or for all 4 ?

Excuse my ignorence, but is $310 per each or for all 4 ?

$310.00 for the lot.

It was a cash job done after hours, so I saved a wee bit of cash and no gst.