Sign in to follow this  
sunmiao16

short shift kit

I love then. Takes abit of getting use to. Nice short changes. Make sure you relearn clutch/shift timming. This will change.

If other people drive your car, they will hate it.

I love then.

Me too.

If other people drive your car, they will hate it.

Also true.

They are excellent and I now find hopping into standard manual e30's without a short-shift tiresome.

Do it - great value for $$$ mod.

Guest Spargo

I found delrin shift bushings to be a more worthwhile mod. Also getting rid of the bitch clip slop (which I haven't done yet).

i have money at the mo.. whats the best place to buy them??

should be a review up with the new site...just waiting for it

how much are we talking? most prices ive seen are about 130US .. im looking at the b&m racer shift kit, has the shortest throw without a damper

Edited by nz320i

z3 1.9 lever from $tealer, around $90 from memory. Can get z4 3.0 if you want to go shorter but wouldn't recomend it unless you got a good cond gbox.

iv got a b&m that i had in mine for about 10min before i put the standard one back in, it caused the shift linkage to rub on the balancer on the drive shaft. To lazy to solve to so just put it aside

Guest Spargo

iv got a b&m that i had in mine for about 10min before i put the standard one back in, it caused the shift linkage to rub on the balancer on the drive shaft. To lazy to solve to so just put it aside

Bend lever or get rid of balancer. Either is a 10min job. You're that lazy :lol: remind me not to take my car to continental :lol:

I got the ireland engineering one with delrin bushings, and damper for 110. The lever is designed to clear the balancer too.

Most run the Z3 1.9, isn't a major short shift alteration but is a bloody good compromise, replacing the knuckle and bushes is the more important part.