E30stz

Quick Questions

A question most probably answerable by Glenn:

This may seem petty but is it very easy to switch the steptronic from pushing it forward to shift up to pulling it back to shift up? It's nothing major but if it's a simple solution like inverting fuses (my basic mind at work) then I'll probably do it.

Cheers.

Glenn or anyone else able to do this?

Never done it, neither have I been asked to do it. Someone else on here may have though

anyone know which wires need to be connected to start a facelift e30 car after auto to manuel?? tried searching to no avail. cheers

Edited by Incary

Posted Image

It appears to be.... Green/Yellow to Green/Black

Could be wrong tho.

E36 328i

Very loud brakes only when they get hot. when you press the brakes hard they dont make any sounds at all but small braking its very loud starting to piss meh off ='[

What can this be?

^scored rotors? glazed rotorts and or pads? pad level indicator? a stone stuck in the pad or calliper.

any or all of the above.

Does the E36 Window Regulator Pivot Adjusment Bar White round plastic slider come off?

If your meaning the two slides on the end of the two regulator arms thats attach the regulator to the bottom of the window....yes they come off. Remove the two metal circlips and pull the ball socket out of the slides. Slide the slide clips out, grease the runners and fit new slides. You will need small polley grips to get the ball socket back into the new slides.

If your meaning the two slides on the end of the two regulator arms thats attach the regulator to the bottom of the window....yes they come off. Remove the two metal circlips and pull the ball socket out of the slides. Slide the slide clips out, grease the runners and fit new slides. You will need small polley grips to get the ball socket back into the new slides.

Thanks for the reply Glenn. But I was talking about the other sliding plastic thing, the rail comes with the Regulator. Sorry I'm pretty new to this.

But they have it in a picture here http://www.dvatp.com/bmw/diy/power_window/

Thanks for the reply Glenn. But I was talking about the other sliding plastic thing, the rail comes with the Regulator. Sorry I'm pretty new to this.

But they have it in a picture here http://www.dvatp.com/bmw/diy/power_window/

Give me a call in the morning (09) 2722546... I think were talking about the same thing

No power goes to the alternator Nath, it generates power. I believe it goes to the battery positive, but someone else will confirm.

^ Yeap thats sort of what I mean't haha, that'l do. And yip it does go to battery +

Thanks

it goes from the battery to the starter motor, there are 2 wires off the starter motor, one goes to fusebox etc and one to the back of the altinator.

sometimes the fusebox wire runs either from the battery terminal in the front or from a joining point on the firewall also.

Anyone know if a E30 boss kit fits a E21? Are the splines the same size? Cheers

putting the interior of the E30 back together, got a bit of an oil spill on the back seat (leather) pretty sure its brake fluid. any idea how to remove the stickyness? dont want to damage the leather if i can help it, though i fear i have already done so

btw after typing this, i swear the stickyness on the backseat is definately originted from a bottle ;p

Will a large case diff fit into an E30?

Im assuming the difference in length can be adjusted on the driveshaft?

Would the output flanges be the same as my 85 323 with med case 3.23:1 diff?

^thats a medium case, and a good price too

^thats a medium case, and a good price too

Ahhk for some reason I thought 8 bolt was large, 6 was medium?